Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Who cares? There was a time when the press had a little discretion and didn't print stories about a politician's peccadilloes. Especially in this case, with Elizabeth Edwards terminally ill, I think more of Edwards than whoever thought it would be cool to break this story. It's between the man and his wife and nothing is gained by it becoming public knowledge.

G

·
Edwards is scum cheating on his dying wife while telling us all he's a great family man and is all for family issues,vote for me. Then lying to everybody to save his a$$. I did not have sexual relations with that women, oh wait that's the other guy. I think when you are running for office and representing yourself to the public about this topic or that,you should be walking the walk not just talking the talk. It would be between the parties envolved but when you put youself in the public light trying to get the people to vote for you and love you then your fair game.

G

·
Howie Carr had a good point this morning; why is it that it was a months-long national scandal when Newt Gingrich cheated on his cancer stricken wife, but Edwards doing the exact same thing is a "personal tragedy" which the media appears to already be sweeping under the rug?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Who cares? There was a time when the press had a little discretion and didn't print stories about a politician's peccadilloes. Especially in this case, with Elizabeth Edwards terminally ill, I think more of Edwards than whoever thought it would be cool to break this story. It's between the man and his wife and nothing is gained by it becoming public knowledge.
Soooo....Senator Edwards cheats on his cancer-ridden (and dying, if reports are true) wife, but it's "...whoever thought it would be cool to break this story..." fault? Sorry, the guy ran for president and vice president: his own wife can't trust him, but we're supposed to? Not to mention how his presence in the race affected the outcome of the democrat primary.

I guess there are "two" Americas: one where lying scumbags cheat on their dying wives and it's "all good" (and the terminally clueless support them) and the other populated by republicans, libertarians and conservatives (who are pilloried for the same).

John Edwards is a liar and a cheater. He has destroyed his family's honor. And he's a lawyer, too!

G

·
The New York Times ran a front-page story based on totally unsubstantiated allegations (later proven false) that John McCain had an affair with a campaign worker. It was the leading headline for over a week.

John Edwards admits, after lying for months about it, that he did in fact cheat on his cancer-stricken wife with a campaign worker. The New York Times is silent until it can't ignore the story any longer.

Liberal bias in the media? As Bernard Goldberg said, it's so pervasive that it's not even worth arguing about.

Where's our reporter in residence, masscopguy, to defend this latest disgrace to responsible journalism?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Where's our reporter in residence, masscopguy, to defend this latest disgrace to responsible journalism?
His facade is undone: he is unwilling to dance with us now that his true vocation is known.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts