Easiest MS degree programs? Online? | MassCops

Easiest MS degree programs? Online?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Education & Training Questions' started by ohhdom, Jul 27, 2016.

1. ohhdom

ohhdom MassCops Member

I'm currently (financially) ready to enlist in a MS program. Due to time and other factors, online would be the preferred route. I'm dreading going back to school so can anyone tell me the easiest college/university to get the degree?? I'm working for a department that allows the Quinn Bill like pay incentive. As long as it's the same schools on the list as the Quinn Bill.

Truth be told, don't care about the reputation, as long as it satisfies to get the PCIPP.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Umass Lowell has an all-online Masters in CJ program that is an approved program. I will not say it is easy, but it's not too bad. $1740 per class, 11 classes total. If you get their Certificate in Security Studies (which is 4 classes that are part of the CJ program anyway), and average a B+ or better, then you don't have to take the GRE's or do anything else. Any questions let me know.

3. ohhdom

ohhdom MassCops Member

Regarding the certificate, you mean get that prior to enrolling into the program?

Yeah I know UML is one of the good ones, most posts (a few years old) are saying it's fairly tough though. Has anyone been to any schools fairly recently?

Any other schools you know/have input about?

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Correct, you complete the certificate program and then just enroll in the masters program, with 7 classes to go. It's not that tough, the first 4 are the worst as far as writing papers go (each has one big paper, plus mid-term and final), but after that its really not bad. Curry is supposedly easier, but I don't think they have online. I got my bachelors there, which was no picnic. The days of the easy programs are gone (Anna Maria for example).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL offers an MS in Public Admin with specialty in CJ. The program is not easy however they do offer the entire MS program on-line. Apprx $2000 per class and that's with a law enforcement discount.

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Lynn, Lynn, the university of sin. Did you come out the same way you went in?

zm88 likes this.
  7. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

There's only 3 or 4 MS programs quinn approved, none are like they used to be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

I was wearing a Lynn U sweatshirt one day when I landed at Logan and someone asked me when did the City of Lynn start their own university o_O

Goose and pahapoika like this.
  9. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

You did say "easiest" didn't you?
    Well, there ya' go. homepage-banner.jpg

pahapoika likes this.
  10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Would have asked the same thing :D

Or thought it was another UMass campus :cool:

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

It's a beautiful campus right by the Lynn ocean.

12. ohhdom

ohhdom MassCops Member

As long as it's Quinn Bill approved.. o_O