Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that there were no more scheduled E911 Courses until December. They are supposedly revamping the course...Anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
413 Posts
when you say that do you mean the certification program? cuz I'm actually heading to a E911 certification program this upcoming Monday/Tuesday down in Wareham

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is a 5 week academy with complete certs then the 2 day course that is just for the e911 system. I wold look into the 5 week academy. the 2 day course does not teach you how to be a dispatcher it just teaches you how to use the e911 equipment.

Jeremie

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is a 5 week academy with complete certs then the 2 day course that is just for the e911 system. I wold look into the 5 week academy. the 2 day course does not teach you how to be a dispatcher it just teaches you how to use the e911 equipment.

Jeremie

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea, Raynham is taking care of me for this two day course...I've been training at RPD now for almost a month, I think I'm startin to get the hang of things there but I'll have to bring up that 5 week academy to them and see what they think...they're probably on a tight budget so I dunno if they would pay for it

·
Registered
447 Posts
Every Dispatcher should have at a MINIMUM the 2 day E911 course, the APCO or NAED 40 hour Dispatch Course and CPR. If they are not able to pay for the academy (wich is free except your pay) then they should put you through a 40 hour Dispatch course. OJT will not make anyone a successful dispatcher and if the person training you is not an instructor or Communications Training Officer (CTO) like a police FTO then you may not learn what you will need to know.

When you go to the 2 day course speak to the instructor about the 5 week academy they should be ale to give you info or tell you who to contact.

Jeremie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.