Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got a question for the MSP officers on board.
What does the E mean after the unit number?

And is there any way of telling what barracks a unit comes from based on its unit ?
For instance I have photographed unit 1068 in both South Boston and Downtown Boston.
I assume same district but not sure.
And my neighbors car (2 houses down) Is an old old 1993/1994 unit.
I think it is 2428 or something like that (I will have to double check)
I wonder what barracks he is out of?

Any info on how the units go is greatly appreciated.
I also have seen a pic of a unit with an F after the unit number. Any ideas what that means?
Thanks ! ! !
Greg

·
Registered
16 Posts
The E means its a Mass pike stationed unit and works the pike F is massport logan airport docks ports, tobin bridge ect. as for the numbers go I dont believe you can tell a barracks anymore by the cruiser number.

·
Registered
334 Posts
MT1 or another MSP,

Perhaps you could answer this for me. I've heard that troopers assigned to E or F don't get take home cars. The reason being that the cars are funded by the Turnpike and Massport respectively. Is this true? Do they get a different car and use E or F specific cars when on shifts?

-Eric

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
E Troopers recieve a stipend to make up for their lack of a take-home cruiser. I will not repeat the amount here, but suffice to say that it is generous.

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
Ok, another question, Massport and Masspike. Do these two authority's pay for the Mass State Police service?

Do they buy the cruisers and radios, or does the MSP provide that.

At Massport, what is the Authority of the Mass Port Police ?

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Massport and Masspike pay for the Troopers, equipment and cruisers of the Troopers that patrol their respective regions. In fact it was the creation of the Masspike in the late 1950's that led to the first 24 hour around the clock barracks in the state, and eventual dismantling of the "barracks" system. (Troopers until the early 70's actually lived the barracks for their 4 days on and only went home on days off, hence the term barracks rather than station). I've never heard of the Massport Police, so I can't comment on their authority (or lack thereof). Any F Troopers wish to comment?

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
As far as I know, MassPort Police Officers are Special State Police Officers. I've seen an occasional posting here and there for the fish piers and cargo piers. The money seems to be good, but I believe it's a definate who knows who job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.