Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Emerson Krambrit, Benchmade autostryker, Spyderco endura, SOG seal pup, a ceramic blade knife, a benchmade fixed blade. a "J" knife. 2 pairs of shears, and a pair of micro shears & 2 leathermans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carry a benchmade auto stryker. I have always been a big fan of benchmade knives, and as soon as i got the oppunrtunity to finally buy an automatic one i jumped at the chance. They are a little pricey, but i have never ever had to tigthen any of the bolts on the knife, which i can't say for many of the other knives i have used, and i mean used, in the past. They also keep their edge very well. Only negative thing i have heard is that some people have broken the tips off, wether from miss-use or not i am not sure. I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Spyderco Police model with the serrated blade...my second choice...my first is the Spyderco Mariner...it was a sheepfoot blade, so it was not offensive to the citizenry...unlike the police blade, which is pointed. Unfortunately they no longer produce the Mariner...there is a shorter version which is not suitable to our needs. The nice thing about the Mariner was it's thick spine...you could readily abuse the knife (prying, scraping) without breaking it! It was great for seatbelts, or close-in work (I told the patrol supervisor, when I was asked, that if I was down to the knife [or belly-gun], I was already dead...so use-of-force continuum was of no moment). :shock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I like the Benchmade stuff and certainly Emerson but the Smith and Wesson SWAT series are the best bang for your buck and inexpensive enough that you won't really be pi##ed off breaking it.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
i luv the benchmade auto knife, i'm on my 2nd (lost the first) i have hade knife in every extreme u can imagine, including 170 ft of sea water. i have cut everything but myself it is an amazing knife! i was issued a spyderco endura that i beat the hell outta now. i also have a S&W swat it is a nice knife but not rugged enough for my use.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
1. Was a cheapo multi tool I got at Wal-Mart for $4.50, no real past to it. It has done details and a few calls with me,I like it cause it has different bits in the holder. It is a bit heavy on your belt for everyday use.

2. This a S&W 24/7 edition, I use this for everything and it is always with me.

3. This was a gift from my girlfriend. Its a benchmade rescue knife. I have worn it on details, but havent used it in "combat" yet accept to open an IBC rootbeer during the fire works detail. It has a St. Florian charm on the chain.

4. AHHHHH now this is going back to 1996, I was in 6th grade and this was the first ever pocket tool I owned and it never left my side until the holder broke in 98,now it lives in my car console.

5. Got this one at tools and more in Seattle. Just happend to be going through and saw a 2 for $10 sale. So I bought it and gave the other to a freind, it has carried me from 98 till this March when I bought #1.

As a rule for pocket tool I try not to spend more than $15 cause they will break,bend,dull or more likey get lost. A fellow dept. member bought a nice $70 Leatherman super duper wore it to one detail at the beach and lost it. :p .........I guess there is some lucky hermit crab out there now.

I also got a fancy knife that has trains on it........ it was a gift from when I got my engineers license......just sits in the case. :wink:

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
A 4 inch 007 made in Pakistan that some skell dropped while being chased. I have a drawer & locker full of them so if it breaks all I do is replace it. Why spend money on a tool when the criminals are so eager to give them away for free??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I can see why a lot of guys carry knives, but I think it's more of a safety issue. How often are you going to ABSOLUTELY need a knife at a certain moment? I guess I never really thought about it until I was in a fight with a guy and my partners knife fell out of his breast pocket right in front of the suspect. That could have been really bad. Carrying a knife is just something else to worry about. If you're rolling around on the ground with some guy and your jack pocket (where most guys carry it) is totally exposed, what would prevent him from grabbing it? It's not in a holster. Do I have a knife? Sure, but I keep it in my duty bag. It's always worked for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.