Duty Holster Suggestions for my G19 | MassCops

Duty Holster Suggestions for my G19

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Foxracingmtnridr, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

I'm in the market for a duty holster for my Glock 19 and I have no idea what to get. At the AUX department I used to be a member of we had the Safariland Raptor for the SIG 229R that was issued and I liked that but I have to buy the Holster for the new job. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I had a job a while back where I was required to open carry, I used the black hawk w/ the finger release button with my G19. It was light and comfortable. I liked it but I prefer the look of leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

What does the new job suggest?

4. Foxracingmtnridr

I Have the Blackhawk Serpa now but it's not made for a duty belt. I also have the Comp Tac minotaur IWB holster.

5. Foxracingmtnridr

I can carry any weapon i want i just have to Qualify with it. and I can get whatever duty holster I want. I'd like something Lvl2+

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

There is a duty holster version of the Serpa that Blackhawk makes, but I go Safariland for all my duty holsters. Not sure if the safety issues with the Serpa extend to the duty holster line, but they may.

If policy allows it, I strongly recommend attaching a weapon light to your handgun and getting a holster that accommodate the light as well. Streamlight TLR-1s can be had for around $100, and they have a never version that is even brighter as well. If you want to keep level 3 retention, look at the Safariland 6360...they make it in several versions to fit with or without a tac light.

The good news is a G19 is one of the most common pistols out there, so you can easily find holsters on eBay and various other websites for short money.

Foxracingmtnridr likes this.
  7. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Whatever it is, don't cut corners or go the cheap way out. Safariland will not fail you.

frank likes this.
  9. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

263FPD likes this.
  10. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Available for the AMT Hardballer?!?! I'm fuckin' IN!!

[​IMG]

11. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Can't go wrong with that 070 SSIII

Johnny Law likes this.
  12. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

The Safariland ALS is an outstanding holster. Secure, yet still a lightening-fast draw.

csauce777 likes this.
  13. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Blackhawks level III Serpa, with the Blackhawk light. There is a Serpa version for the light. Very secure, very fast, very durable. We have yanked each other off our feet by the gun butt, and have had a motor officer do a hook slide on his without failure. Lifetime warranty as well.

14. GMass

GMass Guest

I know people who have them love them, but FUCK the serpa.

They're banned by FLETC now
    http://forums.officer.com/t174665/

15. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Safariland all the way.

16. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Another vote for safariland. I can get out of holster and 2 rounds down zero from 7 yards in 1.3 seconds with it.

17. Foxracingmtnridr

No way. I never go the cheap way on anything so i'll be fine on that front :p

Hush likes this.
  18. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I had an SSIII and now have the ALS. I MUCH prefer the ALS....it takes some getting used to, but IMO it's much more secure than the SSIII. It was common for me to find the ring finger snap on the SSIII unsnapped, when I knew I snapped it.

19. Foxracingmtnridr

I carried the 070 before with the Smith's at the AUX i was with and I loved that but like you said Delta the lower snap was ALWAYS undone.

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

ALS all the way.

If you don't know how to open it, you practically need an engineering degree to figure it out.

Hush, Foxracingmtnridr and Dan Stark like this.
  21. EDB78

EDB78 MassCops Member

I Liked the 070, Had it for a long time. Dept went to the ALS. Can't go wrong with the Safariland ALS. I feel safe with it and I like it alot because the weapon can be drawn very easily from the seated and seatbelted position...

22. GMass

GMass Guest

Als w/ hood and chop-guard is the way to go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

23. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Safariland ALS all the way as well. Always used Safariland always will.

24. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

Buy the ALS and call it a day bro. Listen to the masses.

Irishpride and Hush like this.
  25. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I have the ALS light bearing holster. Pretty happy with it.

Hush likes this.