Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What duty holster do you use or recommend for everyday duty use? I am leaning towards the safariland ssIII but also like the looks of the gould and goodrich durapro.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have no experinence with the Gould and goodrich so I cant say. I have been using the Safailand SSIII for over 10 years. I love the SSIII excellent holster.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Put it this way, I had to look up "Gould and Goodrich Durapro" because I didn't immediately recognize it's name. Once I saw the picture I had flashbacks. I used to carry a Sig P220 in that holster and I absolutely HATED it. The craftsmanship is not that good, it is square and bulky looking and it is at an awkward position to draw (for me at least). It felt as if you were drawing straight up into your armpit.

I switched to a Safariland SS III 070 for my P220 and absolutely loved it. I currently carry a Glock 22 in an SS III and still love it. (I actually have one in plain, one in hi-shine and one in Nylok). It is a mid ride at a forward kilt and is a smooth draw to a ready position. Very comfortable both on the bicycle and in the cruiser. It is well worth the extra $40 in my mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts