Duty Boots Resoled | MassCops

Duty Boots Resoled

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by doc1126, Jan 7, 2017.

1. doc1126

doc1126 MassCops Member

Good afternoon....

Work in corrections and have a pair of Matterhorns that I am looking to get re-soled. Boots are great but sole is shot.
    I would just buy a new pair but my feet are so damn wide, and they don't make the x-wide in that brand anymore.

So my question is this:
    a) Does anyone know of anywhere in MA (near Bellingham/ surrounding) where I can get them resoled
    b) Any suggestions on NEW boot brands that are a 4E (have tried Bellville, Bates xw but just don't fit right)

Thanks in advance

2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

doc1126 likes this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Last pair of boots i got re-soled was in West Roxbury.
    African guy had bought out an old cobbler shop.
    It's a dying business but try to find leather repair or a cobbler shop somewhere in your area or see if you can send it back to the manufacturer to get re-soled.
    Some of the hiking boot companies have that service.

felony and doc1126 like this.
  4. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I have a pair of Danners that you can send back to them and they re-sole them for $40. Not sure if that's the answer your looking for, but could be your next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doc1126 likes this.
  5. felony

felony MassCops Member

There was a guy on Park Ave in Woonsocket that resoled boots. I believe he is now on Eddie Dowling HW in North Smithfield RI. I forget the name though.

doc1126 likes this.
  6. doc1126

doc1126 MassCops Member

Thanks for the replies

7. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

They will last forever with new soles. First pair lasted 10+ years. On second now for over 12 years. Any cobbler should be able to, just make sure they put a vibram sole.

pahapoika likes this.
  8. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Russian guy on pond st in natick does good work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

pahapoika likes this.