Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on the best brand/type of duty boot? I have some Hi Tec Magnums but they seemed better suited for my BDU days than for the police uniform. Any thoughts on the best type of Paratrooper Boot? (Bates? Rocky?)

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is only ONE jump boot. Corcoran! I have owned the same pair for over 20 years, bought them as a graduation present to myself for finishing jump school, and they wear like iron. Take a polish, too. Just need resoling once every few years. Anything else is just a copy.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Yeah, I gotta agree w/ bdg on this there is only one jump boot! the rest are copies at best! They shine up the best to!

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
I got issued the Oakley Boots. They are very very very comfortable. Danner arcadia is a good pait of winter boots.

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Cocrans are more flashy and intimidating. Some guy I know works for Norfolk Sheriffs Dept gave me a lecture on them and said they're good on those days where you want to look bad ass. Keep the magnums though, theyre good for tactical work and when you have to move around alot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love my Corcorans allthough they took a bit to break in... once they were broken in though, they go on like buttah! I find that they shine up the best too. I tend to wear the Corcorans during the spring/summer/fall and wear my Magnums during the winter because I waterproofed them and I think that they are a bit warmer. I also wear the Magnums when I ride the bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The new Bates enforcer series w/gortex, bought then a week before the RNC, didn't even need to break them in. MY feet never felt so good, I was the only person not bitching about their feet hurting. Great for someone who is on the move a lot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try the Bellevilles(?) that the militiary are issued. They are comfortable, durable, and look good. I got a pair for $112.00 including shipping on www.lawboot.com

·
Registered
371 Posts
Corcorans all the way! I wear the nylon w/ a high polish on the toe and heel caps. Look real sharp and professional. Also very comfortable and lightweight, you can wear them all day and you feet never hurt.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had the Rocky paratrooper boots and it tore up my heel. The new converse boots are supposed to be damn comfortable. Right now I also have the Thorogood airtacs and the Bates goretex Enforcers and Im liking them both. Pretty soon it'll be boot allowance time and i'll try something new.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,679 Posts
Corcoran are the Ultimate.... Kinda like Coke Classic.
:wink:
Have also owned Rocky paratroopers. They break in easier and hold a decent shine on the toe and heel caps.

*WARNING* Do NOT wear flip flops, Dunngie will kick your ass!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've got 3 prs. of Bellevilles. 2 Tropical Combats and 1 cold weather insulated. Oh yeah-my sainted Cocorans, too. Like both brands, and best of all? MADE IN USA!!!! 8)

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
not very good for duty (not that I know one way or the other) but one of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn are HH series Tanker boots.

Ugly but very comfortable...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts