Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Judges in some Massachusetts courts, particularly in Worcester County, acquit nearly all of the drunken driving defendants who waive their right to a jury trial, according to a year-long study of the court system that recommends curbing "what is popularly referred to as `judge shopping.'''

http://www.telegram.com/article/20121101/NEWS/121109966/1116

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Public Trough Feeder
5,181 Posts
This is news?

G

·
This preliminary inquiry was expressly not a disciplinary inquiry, and we find nothing in the Report to indicate that a disciplinary inquiry is warranted with respect to any judge's adjudication of OUI cases.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Drunk driving is a crime in MA?

Reactions: lofu

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
I'd like to personally call out Judge David "Toss" Ross. He's the reason why many arrests are made in court code 63s area and NOT 42. Marked lanes violation, blows a .22, big NP because "there weren't any other cars on the road, so the marked lanes wasn't a hazard"

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
I'd like to personally call out Judge David "Toss" Ross. He's the reason why many arrests are made in court code 63s area and NOT 42. Marked lanes violation, blows a .22, big NP because "there weren't any other cars on the road, so the marked lanes wasn't a hazard"
Yeah, and if you deviate from those marked lanes in that area you're looking at the grill of an on-coming semi. Nah. Not a hazard at all, your honor. Unfortunately for this article, Ross is in Franklin county...which nobody gives two shits about.

G

·
Oddly enough, I have had 3 OUI trials in QDC since I have been back from my.... vacation. All 3 the defense attorney would go no where near a bench trial. All 3 went to jury, no BT, and I got guilties on all 3. Still shocked to this day. Before I left, I dont think I would get 3 guilties in a year!
I don't exactly light the world on fire with OUI arrests, but I have my share of them fall into my lap with crashes.

I haven't had an OUI go to trial in QDC in over 10 years. They're all either CWOF'ed or just outright dismissed with no explanation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.