Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drunk Driver Attempts to Seduce Maine Trooper
The Associated Press

WOODVILLE, Maine- A state trooper says she's baffled by the behavior of a suspect who displayed amorous intentions as she was taking him into custody for getting into a car accident and failing three roadside sobriety tests.

``What did he think I was going to do? Go out on a date with him?'' asked Trooper Jennifer Fiske, who arrested Peter Bradley Murray early Sunday morning on Route 116.

Murray, 42, allegedly began behaving inappropriately while seated beside Fiske in the front passenger seat of her cruiser, which has no cage separating front and back seats.

``Then he said, 'You have beautiful green eyes,' and he started touching my arm,'' Fiske said. ``I'd had enough of that.''

Fiske got out of the car and went around to the passenger seat to handcuff Murray. She said he tried to cuff himself to her, saying, ``I just want us to be tied together.''

Fiske responded by giving a sudden short twist to the handcuff and rapping him on the thigh with her police baton. She said he later tried to grab for the steering wheel, forcing additional smacks.

Murray was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence, assault on a police officer, refusing to submit to arrest, and refusing to sign or give a name.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Hey Hey Guys...
Yes most of Maine is inbred that doesn't mean we don't know how to properly arrest individuals.

I agree that she should have handcuffed him... but thats the officers bad judgement not the state of maine

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
OK this thread has gone way off topic.
Lets get back to original discussion as to how hot the trooper was. Was she a babe or was this drunk dude like the rest of us after we've had a few?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Jeezum,

Joke all you want, but what STATE POLICE agency has their troopers in cruisers without cages? WTF?
:shock:
I remember seeing Maine Trooper many moons back with a M1927 Thompson SMG on a traffic stop, WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
My response was to mpd61 about the cage situation.
USMCMP5811 I couldn't agree with you more, there is no reason why she shouldn't have cuffed him. Our policy is you cuff them no matter how cooperative they are, and since this guy was drunk he should've been restrained.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
The majority of VT State Police cruisers do not have cages either. They do have one caged car per Troop I believe and most new cruisers are now being equipped with them. I have asked Troopers there what they do when a subject is non compliant in the front seat and they all said to pull over, drag them out, hose them down with OC and call for a caged car. Everyone who is under arrest gets handcuffed behind their back, seatbelt on, and leg irons if neccesary.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Greeeeeat...

So the only people who seem to consistently have cages in their vehicles are the damn whackers with the surplus cruisers!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only cars in the RISP fleet with cages are those with K9's in the back. I believe Policy calls for front transport, ALWAYS cuffed, but 99% of the time they go in back. If someone gets smart with their feet, it's often a good ol' OC hosedown.
In regards to spending the extra $425 for cages, we ( i work for RISP fleet ) would if we could, but the state only gives us so much $ to spend. We recently purchased 15 new 05 CV's, all with the new whiz-bang low-pro LED's. All of our marked cruisers have cameras with mic packs. I wish we had the budget that Ma. or Ct. has....
Troopers ride doubled up during late patrol so it's usually pretty rare problems are reported.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
kttref";p="65798 said:
Very few CSP cars have cages too...that way you can use your car off-duty.
It's still asinine, They wouldn't do that in Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,135 Posts
kttref";p="65798 said:
Very few CSP cars have cages too...that way you can use your car off-duty.
Is that what those little magnetic 'State Trooper' emblems on their cruisers are for? :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.