Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
It's very simple, get rid of the taser and then more people will die. Why you ask?
Because the next level of a ppropriate force would be to shoot the person.
The problem is everyone is looking at this from the worng end.

Consider how many people that got the taser 1. didn't die. 2. might have been shot at killed if the taser was not availible.

Short version, I don't feel for you when you don't comply with an officers instructions, I don't care how trivial they seem or what your brother's, girlfriend's, cousin's father who is a paralegal told you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SOT_II said:
It's very simple, get rid of the taser and then more people will die. Why you ask?
Because the next level of a ppropriate force would be to shoot the person.
The problem is everyone is looking at this from the worng end.

Consider how many people that got the taser 1. didn't die. 2. might have been shot at killed if the taser was not availible.

Short version, I don't feel for you when you don't comply with an officers instructions, I don't care how trivial they seem or what your brother's, girlfriend's, cousin's father who is a paralegal told you.
I've got to agree. You need to think about an officer not having a taser and realize what other force options would be left. I think anyone would rather be hit by a taser then shot by a sig

·
Subscribing Member
3,238 Posts
The truth is the taser has saved alot more lives than its has taken, but those stories aren't news worthy. Taser's are a great tool, but like any other tool meant to incapacitate, they have their limitations and they affect different people in different ways.

Although it's tragic when anyone loses their life in a confrontation with the police, but it's normally one's own actions, which has lead to their unfortunate fate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have to agree with the other post, Tasers are a neccessary tool in L.E. Speaking from experience, they have reduced the chances of me or my fellow officers from getting injured. Just pulling a Taser out of Its holster has deesculated some hairy situations.

I really don't understand why so many people are getting on the anti-Taser band wagon. The number of deaths Tasers had "caused" is so nominal in compared to the deaths attributed to doctors screwing up. You will not find that comparision on the front page of any news paper.

The common thread in each of the deaths attributed to Tasers has been drug use and pre-existing medical conditions.There is a simple solution to reducing people from getting hurt or dying, comply!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.