Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone aware of a training course taught by Troopers from the south specializing in motor vehicle stops and the various the "indications/red flags" that an individual is in possession of narcotics. I guess this course also deals with drug hides/compartments in vehicles.

I believe this course was offered sometime last year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you'tre talking about the Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) training, you should look inot contacting Trooper Mullaney Mass State Police or Sgt. Don Decker of Marblehead P.D. Tpr. Mullaney works closely with the RTT and SSPO at the acadmey and Sgt. Decker is a DRE instructor. You should look at www.bad4you.org The website is maintained by a bunch of DRE's and is based in Yarmouth. Sgt. Decker is one of them. The company will do drug seminars and prove info on DRE training. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe what 57ragus is talking about is the PACE Seminar; Proactive Criminal Enforecement. The seminar is given by Sgt Mike Lewis of the Maryland State Police. About 80% of the videos and stories used to illustrate interdiction techniques are Sgt Lewis himself. The guy has the nose of a K9. It's usually held in the spring somewhere on the south shore. I know MSP K9 guys do a lot of promoting for the seminar. If you can get a hold of one of them they can probably tell you more. Well worth the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts