Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows of a good reference guide for ID's (US and/or foreign). I tried going to Driver's License Guide Company but all the pages are coming up with errors on my computer. Looking for a state ID book to put in my bag and a large reference guide to go with the rest of the books. I just emailed Bud about theirs to see if its still produced but curious if there were other companies.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My first one, purchased w/personal funds when I was in upstate NY, was made by 3M and I've never seen better. All pages were laminated with plastic coil (notebook-style) binding, had up to date phone numbers for each state's RMV as well as State Police/Highway Patrol, etc....and it was the size of a field notebook!

Don't know if 3M still makes those, this was about 11 years ago, but I've never seen a finer one....

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, Finally got onto the website, my security was blocking some stuff...

Anyways, I emailed the Office of Foreign Missions of the US State Dept and they more or less fully endoresed the US ID Manual. That, however, is $216 and $82 a year for quarterly updates. Since this is my own purchase, I got the smaller US/Canadian/Mexico ID book and the Foriegn ID book (the other two offered from the company) for $62. I'll let you know what I think of them when they come in.

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
Crvtte65
Let me know if there any good I work for a college and we see a lot of different ID's from different places. The guide I think would be easier than trying to run six or seven ID's if you got a crowd stopped. Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
mikey742";p="67944 said:
Crvtte65
Let me know if there any good I work for a college and we see a lot of different ID's from different places. The guide I think would be easier than trying to run six or seven ID's if you got a crowd stopped. Thanks.
I have been getting the U.S./Canada guide since 96 and the International guide since 2002. IMO: They are high quality books that are well worth the money. The U.S. guide would be very handy for what you describe and is very nice to have when CJIS or a particular state is down. The international guide is practically a must-have item these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts