Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice the new additions to the drivers history?

DRIVING RECORD TO INSC INFO EXCH.
DRIVING RECORD TO TML
INQUIRY SENT TO EQUIFAX
CERT TO (TOWN/CITY, STATE)

Etc.....

Anybody know what they are for?

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
There was a message in the NEWS file about that last week. It's just the registry trying to make things more confusing. All I really care about is citations, not who requested a driving record or that the person was late paying a citation. It used to look so neat, this is too much useless info.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gil said:
INQUIRY SENT TO EQUIFAX
I just think it's odd that we are sending driver histories to credit reporting companies, unless EQUIFAX is now in the insurance business.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found that it is rather helpful, it tells you if someone has gotten a written warning, and also shows most or all incidents for appeals, showing responsible/not responsible.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It does show tickets that were successfully appealed with an 'NR' at the end. Also, Gil, I think the references to EQUIFAX and similar wacky lines have to do with insurance and/or car rental companies; one of my coworkers checked his history and it had a similar entry that was around the date he rented a vehicle last year.

In the past week, I have seen several warnings as well as 'NR' entries on various KQ's. Perhaps this is part of the overall rollout of the new RMV interface...

-Mike

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
Apparanetly the insurance companies are reviewing KQs for policies. Last week, a friend of mine was told that his premiums for a whole life policy would be higher due to his driver history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts