Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Police released video of a police chase in Hancock County that ended with an SUV crashing into a gas station restaurant.

Watch Video

Police on Tuesday released dramatic pictures of a police chase in Hancock County that ended with an SUV crashing into a gas station restaurant.
A police cruiser dash camera captured pictures of the ordeal after what officers thought was a routine traffic stop turned into a high-speed chase, 6News' Renee Jameson reported.

Greenfield police were responding to a 911 call reporting an alleged road rage incident that was phoned in by Daniel Kincaid at about 10:45 p.m. Monday, police said. When officers arrived, Kincaid took off.
The pursuit spanned 15 miles along Interstate 70 eastbound from Greenfield to Knightstown at speeds of about 80 mph.
"It's dangerous for the driver. It's dangerous for the public. It's dangerous for us," said Greenfield Police Chief John Jester.
Officers said that at one point, Kincaid threw a cooler that contained syringes out of his window.
"When the items came flying out of the window, they just looked like they exploded," Jester said.
Officers put down stop sticks before Indiana 109, deflating one of the SUV's tires.
Police said Kincaid cut through the median, did a U-turn and headed west, where he crossed a ramp and went down an embankment.
Chase Lane, who works at a Burger King restaurant, was outside at that moment.
"I saw a car's headlights come up over this hill over here," Lane said. He plowed through the fence and I'm standing out of our back door."
Police said Kincaid's SUV then headed for a Gas America next door.
"It was quite scary. I know my heart was racing. It was pretty bad," Lane said.
Dawn Bradley, a waitress at the restaurant inside the gas station, was finishing up her shift when the SUV came crashing in.
"Me and the cook, we look at each other and run out and they're like, 'Down, down,'" Bradley said. "There were … guns, so we all get down and crawl to the kitchen."
Police said Kincaid got out of his SUV and ran inside, where officers administered a Taser gun and took him into custody.
The SUV came to rest on top of a booth where customers sat about 30 minutes earlier.
"This is one of those cases where nobody was hurt, fortunately," Jester said.
Police said they don't know why Kincaid called 911 and then fled. He was taken to a hospital and faces several charges, including fleeing, resisting law enforcement and reckless driving.

Story From:
1 - 1 of 1 Posts