Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody's department received the new Breathalyzer Machine, I belive it's called DRAGAR. I know one department that got it, says its pretty cool. You can swipe the license through and gets all the information in the machine as well as doing all the OUI screens on gthe machine. I heard MASS got 400 machines, I wanna know where to get it. I was thinking of calling the Office of Alcohol Testing.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
We got ours a few days a go, easy to use. You get an operator card issued from OAT. Scan your card, scan the license and follow the instructions.

We should be online with OAT in a few weeks then they will be online with the RMV. The new machine prints the license susp. but I think we are still going to be using the OUI screen for another month or so.

BTW the machine is the MA7110 System by Draeger Safety Inc.

Here is a pic and some more info on it. It also comes with a printer and some LAN interface device.

http://www.draeger-breathalyzer.com/products/product-7110.htm

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
We got one, and its sitting in the corner collecting dust until we al get certifiied. It is pretty kool though.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Gill I looked at that pic, ours is that but there r a few more components as well, maybe there r different models, any idea if so?

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Originally posted by Macop:
Gill I looked at that pic, ours is that but there r a few more components as well, maybe there r different models, any idea if so?
Yes the MA version uses a separate Brother laser printer thats sits on top, card scanner to the right of the printer and some type of PC with what looks like a CD Rom between the printer and card scanner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts