Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing on Street Racing Legislation BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
(WWLP, July 7, 2003) - Some local lawmakers, and representatives of the Springfield Police Department and the District Attorney’s office, met in Boston to show their support on proposed street racing legislation. The proposed bill was filed by Representative Cheryl Rivera of Springfield. The bill proposes that state police and Springfield police would be authorized to impound any motor vehicle use in a manner where the owner or operator accelerates at a high rate of speed in competition with another operator. Along with forfeiting vehicles, individuals engaged in drag racing will also forfeit money and other items of value that are intended as wager. Rep.Rivera says Springfield police have reported an increased amount of drag racing throughout the city, and have been inundated with reports of illegal gambling and drug trafficking associated with these events.

Impounding the cars? 8O Some how I don't see this state passing this into law. It would be cool though... Imagine the tough guy at the wheel breaking down into tears :cry: as the tow truck loads his car onto the flatbed. :sly:

·
Registered
334 Posts
patsfan said:
Impounding the cars? 8O Some how I don't see this state passing this into law. It would be cool though... Imagine the tough guy at the wheel breaking down into tears :cry: as the tow truck loads his car onto the flatbed. :sly:
Isn't drag racing covered under 90/24? Car = instrument of the crime = confiscate. I've heard NYPD does this for OUI arrests.
:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts