Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information regarding the Douglas Police Dept. I don't think they are civil service, but any other info would be great (pay, hiring, chief, busy?, etc.). Thanks alot in advance.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
they are not civil service. they established a hiring list 3.5 years ago. I went throught he hiring process(I'm somewhere in the top 7) I don't know if they are gonna run another hiring list or hire off of that list they established, i know they said they would hire off the list but i haven't heard anyting since. i remember it being a lengthy process for 1 full time position. The PD seemed pretty descent and they can get pretty busy during the summer months with the lake there. if u find out anything about them hiring then PM me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I live in Douglas. They have no plans, at this time, to have another test. They have a lot of part timers who are on the list, from what I was told. I don't see them hiring for a while.

·
Registered
65 Posts
John 77,

I have been a Part-timer there for a couple years. The last full time hire was over the summer 04. The Chief held an in-house exam around the end of July.

I was told that the list will be used for the the next couple of years, similar to the civil service process. Our scores were averaged between a written exam and oral board. The oral board was conducted by Chiefs from surrounding towns and a member of the selectman's board.

As far as new hires go, they already have the next couple of candidates in line.

For the most part, slow in the Winter, and as stated before the summers are busy with a good amount of details. The Chief is a big part of the MPA and is in and out of town a lot. He is fortunate to have a good command staff and a group of hard working officers.

PM me for more info if you'd like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.