Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
This country, this state, are full of batshit crazy loons. This just proves it.

·
Yeah, THAT GUY!
2,728 Posts
"A 6-year-old Labrador mix"

I can't believe how they wrote such a label for this Canine American.

·
Super Moderator
7,171 Posts
The article sucks, but I think the premise here is that animal abuse can be considered domestic violence if the animal is abused, hurt, or taken to manipulate a victim.

Sent from my POS using Tapatalk 2

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts
It would be a violation of the restraining order to approach or harm the animal. Studies done a few years ago show an alarming number of women remain in an abusive relationship due to threats to the family animals by their abusers; basically holding the welfare of the animal hostage to ensure silence. If I remember correctly the percentage of abuse women who claim the family pets were used as coercion for silence was something like 60 percent.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It would be a violation of the restraining order to approach or harm the animal. Studies done a few years ago show an alarming number of women remain in an abusive relationship due to threats to the family animals by their abusers; basically holding the welfare of the animal hostage to ensure silence. If I remember correctly the percentage of abuse women who claim the family pets were used as coercion for silence was something like 60 percent.
And? This is pure bullshit. We all know that most women stay with abusers because they choose to. That's why you arrest hubby, and wife is there to bail him out within the hour. Then at arraignment, she refuses to testify. It's a cycle of violence, and sadly, a way of life for most victims. I'm not buying this BS about staying in a relationship for Fido.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts