Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it can be explained best by this quote:

"Triad is a consortium of elder service agencies and public safety departments created to address the needs of senior citizens."

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good one! :D

Most of the stuff we go over at the Triad meetings seem to be focused on Elder Security, issues with identity theft, health and wellness, not being a victim...things like that.
We pass out File For Life wallets, in Berkshire County they are trying to start a "yellow dot" program. People that have a file for life will get an extra one for their car and will put a yellow dot in the back window of their vehicle to alert first responders to it's presence.
We try and get people signed up for RUOK calls, work with the Red Cross and other agencies to enhance seniors quality of life. A big push recently has been to educate seniors on the dizzying amount of scams that are being brought against them...

Are we talking about Gray Panthers w/guns? :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
MSP has a unit that deals with elderly and special needs, I don't know if they are involved in the TRIAD program.

Disabled Person's Protection Commission, 50 Ross Way, Quincy, MA 01269, Tel.-(617) 727-6465

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
SRRerg @ 05 Aug 2004 09:54 said:
MSP has a unit that deals with elderly and special needs, I don't know if they are involved in the TRIAD program.

Disabled Person's Protection Commission, 50 Ross Way, Quincy, MA 01269, Tel.-(617) 727-6465
Ah yes! the MSP Detective Unit attached to the DPPC.
DPPC screens abuse/neglect cases for the agencies that make up EOHHS (DMR/DMH/MRC/etc) as well as other public and private sources. Compliance Officers do a lot of intake and screening. Majority of cases get kicked back to Investigators at agencies that have appropriate jurisdiction (like Mental Retardation, MassRehab) The MSP detectives usually look at the most serious cases.
8)
Not to get nitpicky, but this unit is assigned to the DPPC, like those attached to DA's, Fire Marshal, etc.
:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.