Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for some insight-

I was told today by a reputable source that current reserves that do attend the bridge academy will be brought up to POST standards and therefore would be able to work in any full time capacity and not have to attend a FT Academy. Has anyone else heard of this yet?

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,713 Posts

I was told today by a reputable source that current reserves that do attend the bridge academy will be brought up to POST standards and therefore would be able to work in any full time capacity and not have to attend a FT Academy. Has anyone else heard of this yet?

98.125% of us don't have a TANGIBLE fact to report. I am pretty much sick of the wishful thinkers, doomsayers, rumor mongers, and general gossip-flies jumping from one turd to the next with the "reliable source" rumor. BULLSHIT! Grow up, suck it up and shut up. Bottom line is nobody knows with any certainty what is in store.

·
Registered
26 Posts
98.125% of us don't have a TANGIBLE fact to report. I am pretty much sick of the wishful thinkers, doomsayers, rumor mongers, and general gossip-flies jumping from one turd to the next with the "reliable source" rumor. BULLSHIT! Grow up, suck it up and shut up. Bottom line is nobody knows with any certainty what is in store.
What can be said for sure is we don't know ;)

What I DO KNOW, however, is that we have an officer that just graduated from the 18 Week, SSPO academy this January and they got both an SSPO Certificate and MPTC Certificate (Reserve). They had to meet all of the same exams, quizzes, and standards as their SPMA counterparts, and their EXAMS and some CLASSES were online via the MPTC Acadis Portal.

When the members of SSPO 30 asked about their future, they were told by a certain high training official in the SP that "they don't know, but they are pushing for it."

But again.. who knows; its all speculation... r...right?

And...Fuck SSPO!

·
Registered
20 Posts

I heard the same - that SSPOs and reserves will both be offered some sort of bridge to full time certified. The person I heard that from got that info from a recent MACLEA call, so you'd hope that they'd be sharing accurate info... but like it's been said, no way to know for sure until it's officially official.

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
I heard from a reputable source that the sheriff's dept. are taking over the EPO's to run the courts. They're bringing back Mikey from CMPSA to be the new head of MSP and the DCR rangers are taking over the airport. CUT the SHIT kids, this thread is sounding like the court officer thread.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
What can be said for sure is we don't know ;)

What I DO KNOW, however, is that we have an officer that just graduated from the 18 Week, SSPO academy this January and they got both an SSPO Certificate and MPTC Certificate (Reserve). They had to meet all of the same exams, quizzes, and standards as their SPMA counterparts, and their EXAMS and some CLASSES were online via the MPTC Acadis Portal.

When the members of SSPO 30 asked about their future, they were told by a certain high training official in the SP that "they don't know, but they are pushing for it."

But again.. who knows; its all speculation... r...right?

And...Fuck SSPO!
I heard the SSPO wasn't requiring the recruits to PT. What a joke

·
Registered
468 Posts
I heard the SSPO wasn't requiring the recruits to PT. What a joke
Oh,
You were there in New Braintree? just Who told you this? Sounds like the MACLEA call too. They don't have any regulatory juice, it will ALL be up to the commission(s)

·
Registered
718 Posts
SSPO’s will now fall under POST as of July 1st, they will be among the 24,000 police officers in MA that POST will administer. They will no longer be ‘SSPO’s’ and will just be regular cops, just like every other cop in MA.

Part timers will automatically become full-time certified on July 1st, and will have three years (depending on their last name) to complete the 200 hour bridge academy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Boston will be losing all their special officers (Rule 400) on July 1st. After that date they will essentially be security guards. This is because the training requirement for Boston specials is only 100 hours of training.

·
75th N.H.P.A.
332 Posts
Under the new law, the Colonel retains authority for the training standards for troopers and the special state police he trains. The bill did not address what standards he could set for appointments as SSPOs with training equivalent to , say, the MSP operated campus academy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sooo basically everyone that has a full time exemption from out of state becomes de certified no matter what December 2021

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sooo basically everyone that has a full time exemption from out of state becomes de certified no matter what December 2021
Seems that way; this is clearly something the MPTC is actively working toward rectifying in some form or fashion.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts