Does the DMV still enforce the 3 Written Warnings, Seven Day License Suspension Law? | MassCops

Does the DMV still enforce the 3 Written Warnings, Seven Day License Suspension Law?

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by TopEngineer64, Dec 11, 2019.

1. TopEngineer64

TopEngineer64 New Member

Within the past year, I was reckless enough on the road to get two warnings (not speeding) and an out of state speeding ticket due to my lack of precaution to speed limits in an unfamiliar area. Its certainly something I need to work on and the officer that cut me break with a warning was a pretty big reality check the other night. I became a little worried when I saw some Mass police websites mentioned the 3 warnings, 7 days rule for license suspension. Given a ticket is worse than a warning (plus the two warnings) should I expect a license suspension in the coming days? How worried should I be? I hope it isn't the case, but I suppose I would deserve it. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  2. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Suspensions from multiple offenses

It’s three citations or surchargeable events, could be wrong but I don’t think the warnings count unless that’s something new.

3. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

It’s something old, that used to be the case years ago.

4. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

It was three in one year and written warnings also USED to count (They still might) Most of my V's were written warnings cuz they used to count, you can't fight em (I win!) and 87.673% of folks I stopped were cooperative with little history;)

5. TopEngineer64

TopEngineer64 New Member

Is that why my driving record does not seem to mention the warnings I have received? Is it primarily for the police department's own purposes?

6. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

With the new E-Ticket (not a lot of depts have them yet, the state has a few) it allows the officer to log warnings I think you can even put in verbals it will show on the operators drivers history as 'wrn' or something like that as a disposition.

7. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Funny I just saw a kq this am with "wrn" on it. So that's where it must come from the e cite?

RodneyFarva likes this.
  8. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Have a written warning in my wallet from 3 years ago.

I keep it there to remind me ;)

9. felony

felony MassCops Member

E-citations post on drivers history if written warnings.