DOD Police Westover AFB | MassCops

DOD Police Westover AFB

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by dayvillejim, Oct 9, 2008.

1. dayvillejim

dayvillejim New Member

Does anyone know anything about job?I see they have posting USA jobs.

2. martymar219

martymar219 New Member

Think I heard they want to hire two, but I'm not sure. Might be a good place to start.

3. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

It certainly beats waiting for Billygoat and his "hiring team" at Hanscom to decide whether or not to hire civilians!
    ;)

4. shawnl2213

shawnl2213 MassCops Member

What do you want to know?

5. dayvillejim

dayvillejim New Member

Was wondering if more gate or patrol work.Also how moral and any other details about job.

6. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

No response to your question can not be a good thing! :)

7. 6083

6083 New Member

at westover your duties will be the same of the agr troops. you will work both gates and patrol, when you first start out depending if anyone wants to switch shifts and what openings are availible you will most likely be working the mids shift. depending on your rank you may also be selected to qualify and work on the desk. the dod police is currently changing name to dept of air force police on air force installations so rumor is dod pd will also have to wear green tigerstripe air force pattern bdu's instead of blue bdu in the coming future. duties consist of gate, guarding aircraft on ramp, and base patrol. our traffic tickets do not go to court, we have proprietary jurisdiction so state handles anything we detain or come across for the most part if they have the time.

8. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

Good supervisors, especially days and eves. Don't know who runs mids anymore. Decent place to work. I wish I hadn't left. You won't do any police work, but if you're ok with that the money and bennies are good. I'd go back if they'd hire me...:)

9. Muscles879

Muscles879 Guest

How many arrests? ch. 90 ? starting pay?

10. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

You got some nerve wanting to work around Servicemembers.

11. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

So what's so different about this and the VA?
    :rolleyes:

12. 6083

6083 New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muscles879 [​IMG]
    How many arrests? ch. 90 ? starting pay?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muscles879 [​IMG]
    This vet status stuff is all crap!! it should be open to everyone.

muscles if you show up here after that crap you pulled in the other forum i can guarantee we'll just send you right back out the door. dont even bother walking through the squadron door.you do realize you'll be surrounded by veterans, correct? you know, those people that sacrifice there time and lives to make sure you're allowed to have a bunch of trash fly out of your mouth and on to your keyboard in forums like this