Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CRANSTON, R.I. The head of psychiatric services at Eleanor Slater Hospital is resigning in response to the state's efforts to commit a convicted sexual offender.

The state attempted to commit Todd McElroy to Slater Hospital after he finished serving his prison term for kidnapping and raping at 10-year-old boy. McElroy agreed two weeks ago to voluntarily stay at the hospital. He suffers from schizophrenia.

But doctor Brandon Krupp, who runs the hospital's psychiatric department, says McElroy's mental illness does not make him a threat to public safety. In court documents, he says it would be inappropriate to keep McElroy in the hospital when he doesn't require that kind of care and wouldn't benefit from it.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts

But doctor Brandon Krupp, who runs the hospital's psychiatric department, says McElroy's mental illness does not make him a threat to public safety.
No, of course not. He only kidnapped & raped a 10yo kid. He's poses no threat.
I wonder if the good doctor would like it if Mr. McElroy got a nice job as custodian at his kids middle school. Think he'd be all for that???

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I'm thinking that this story may be biased. The Doctor may be trying to say that his illness, schizophrenia, does not make him a threat to the public...but his criminal behavior does. That article is too short to see what the Doc really means.

·
1,334 Posts
If I remember correctly, the origional article about this guy noted he has only served 10 years of a 25 year sentence. I am thinking he owes a few more years to the state in some capacity. As far away from being able to endanger the public as possible.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I agree. As far as I'm concered ALL of the child predators should be locked up for LIFE! None of this Bridgewater State crap because "Oh its an illness". Yeah, ok, the bastards may be sick in the head, but I assure you that he won't be "cured" so why bother wasting my tax dollars on a mental institution when the general population at state prison will take care of his fate. All of these kiddie diddlers should be locked up for life in PRISON.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Like this doctor really quit for some ethical reason. More than likely he's hoping his "stand" leads to a book deal, some TV time, a hug seesion on Oprah...etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.