Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOC Interview?

6K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  John J 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else has gone for the interview yet? I have mine next Tuesday. Anyone have any pointers for it? Never gone for an interview with them.

#6 ·
Dont worry about it they are so desperate for people, if you can spell your name you will get the job. Think hard and talk to others to see if this is what you really want to do. I worked for the DOC for 3 years and was pretty miserable there so I left it, its not necessarily the job thats bad its the dirt bags that you WORK with and Im not talking about the inmates.

#16 ·
Union1,

Being a long distance runner for some years know it may be hard to take but probably then only thing to do right know is rest. But, you could try to ice before and after you run. if you have any friends or know anyone who is an athletic trainer you could ask them what to do. When I was in college the use to tape me when I had problems with shin splints in addition to the icing part. Hope that helps you out.

#19 ·
Union1-

I too have the same problem with shin splints. The worst thing you can do is run everyday. Even if you run every other day, your shins are just going to sustain more and more damage to them. For one, you do need to ice your shins. Wear well cushioned sneakers when your not on duty, even around the house. Your shins are beat to hell right now and you need to take as much stress off of them as possible. If your run is this coming Tuesday, do not do anymore running until your test! Most people think more is better but if you run anymore, you will probably not make it more than 3 times around the track. If you want to fit in more cardio before the test, ride the bike! Also, you will need to stretch your hamstings and calves everyday until the test. If you can stay off your feet until this Tuesday, even better. Good luck!

#23 ·
tomahawk said:
Union1 -- stay off your feet if possible to let your calfs rest up, and in the future, RUN ON YOUR TOES!!! :D

-Mike
Also, ICE - 4 times a day for 15 minutes! It makes a world of difference. Don't skimp out on running sneakers - buy the good ones (unfortunately good = more money). Make sure they are comfortable on your feet. If they have more than 300 miles on them they are too old.

-Eric

#26 ·
By the sounds of it, that academy start date in late Sep looks to be more like Oct now. Thats okay with me, I start the Part time police academy tomorrow night and I don't want it to run longer than the DOC Academy

I have completed the entire process and I am awaiting the letter so I can give my job notice.

It will never cease to amaze me the amount of people that cannot make that run, I am by NO means a runner and I finished with the best run time in my Pre-Screening group......lack of preparation, I guess.

Good luck to all of you that are still going through the process. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.