Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys going on strike? I Read in the paper that the DOC has been giving officers thier walking papers and the union says they are not getting due procees.

C'mon guys give us the scoop

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Wordstew,

Do we have any actual DOC officers on here? I know we have a few county guys, but I haven't seen any current state guys here.
I think you'd be hard pressed to see an actual strike. If their contract (which you can see at the MCOFU website) is anything like ours, if you walk off the job, your canned. You'll probably see a court case, and some serious informational picketing, but I heard of that article which used the word "strike" and I think it might have been a misuse of the word.
In talking to state guys both in Worcester and Boston in my recent travels, there seems to be a mix of the miserable and the "I don't care, as long as my pay check shows up" types. I haven't heard anyone with any thing very positive to say latley, about the changes that have been taking place. They've been supervisors out to look up on guys out at the hospitals more often latley, checking log books, all sorts of stuff. Things that never really happened before.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yep... ejk55, where are you? But he's just a Little "Screw" (rookie) might be to soon for him to spill it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.