DOC - CO I exam | MassCops

DOC - CO I exam

Discussion in 'Corrections' started by Foxy85, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

FYI the DOC announced an exam for Correctional Officer. Really good coin.

2. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the info for anyone potentially interested-

http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-...ection-officer-i-examination-information.html

2014 Correction Officer I

TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
    Written Examination Date: March 8, 2014
    Application Deadline: February 10, 2014*
    Examination Fee: $100
    Written Examination Locations: Various sites across the state

*There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after this date. Applications will NOT be accepted after February 24, 2014

DESCRIPTION:
    This examination is being held to establish an eligible list from which to fill vacancies in this classification in the Massachusetts Department of Correction.

3. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Last day to register without having to pay $50 xtra is the 10th of Feb.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

4. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Do I get 2 points if im pro pot and voted for Obama?

zm88, pahapoika, frank and 1 other person like this.
  5. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

Not only will you get 2 points, you'll probably get promoted immediately ^^^^^

pahapoika likes this.
  6. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Is there a reason you feel the need to spam your thoughts and Dislike of me into every Post.
    This was just a informational post about a test?

7. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

wwonka,

I don't think it was directed at you, I have a feeling it was more directed at the fact that Massachusetts is a ridiculously blue state.

8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Mmmmm nope.

zm88, frank and 7costanza like this.
  9. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I thought the preferred manner in which to discuss issues with Liberals was spitting venom,name calling and cheap shots at every oppurtuntiy??No?? Maybe im doing it wrong ill have to check with Bill Maher,Alec Baldwin, Martin Bashir or any other Liberal I have ever heard. Hey atleast I didnt call him a racist or terrorist.

nra286 and KozmoKramer like this.
  10. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Last day before it goes up 50 bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

11. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon MassCops Member

Is the DOC even going to hire people from this test, or is my name going to sit on a spread sheet for two years until they get another $100 from me? I have never taken it.

12. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

They have been hiring like crazy. Probably close to 1000 hires in the last 3 years.

And i don't see it slowing down much.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

13. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

i used to say i didn't go DOC so i didn't have to watch my back for 8 hours. Now i do that anyway at my job. THANKS SGTS

lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

wwonka and frank like this.
  14. ClintEastwood4Sheriff

ClintEastwood4Sheriff MassCops Member

Just took this March 8th, was wondering the score range that they will usually send a card. I am hearing a bunch of different scores ranging from 75-100. I don't know how true that is, I am confident I scored a 90+. Nonetheless thanks for any input.

15. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

It really depends on class sizes and if they are going to run a Par 10 academy.

it seemed like the class before mine got down to the 96's and some 95's but I think they were all vets the 95's.

My class was par 10 and we had vet's that scored 79 make it.

Do you have veterans preference? are you a minority or speak a 2nd language?

lots of variables and unknowns as to what the DOC will decide to do at any given moment.

They have gone Pretty far down the list last list in the last 4 years to hire all the new Boots.

Stay patient and keep your nose clean and you might be rewarded with a wonderful job and alll the abuse and 2nd guessing you can ask for :)

16. ClintEastwood4Sheriff

Just in the Army Reserves and have have a clean record..no special preference.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

wwonka likes this.
  17. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

did you deploy? you might qualify for vet pref which would speed up the whole process.
    They will be hiring off this list. But the list won't be out for probably 5-6 months and then who knows how quickly they will start a new class.

Thank you for your service.

18. ClintEastwood4Sheriff

Negative, basically as a white male I need a 95 or above to get a card.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

19. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

you never know but for the first class probable not. I know someone with your racial profile who scored a 101 but had to wait due to not having vets pref or minority status.

20. Scorpionking

Scorpionking MassCops Member

As of yesterday the list for this exam is out.
    Although I was very pleased with my score, unfortunately I can't say the same for my standing on the list. Nevertheless, I'm still hoping for the best.

Anyone know how far down the list they go to contact people to move on to the next step?

Thanks

21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I didn't score anything spectacular when I took it, something like a 95, and I was ranked like... 2000 or something.

I got three letters.

Hope that helps.

Scorpionking likes this.
  22. Scorpionking

Scorpionking MassCops Member

Thank you for your input. Seems like they go pretty far down the list. Now I guess it's back to more of the waiting game haha. Just got to continue to stay in shape in the meantime in case I get that golden ticket.

23. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

They have been going to the very bottom of the eligible scores with all the classes they have put on.

You will eventually get your shot.

Good luck

pahapoika likes this.
  24. CO4Sho

CO4Sho MassCops Member

Nevet heard anyone refer to a CO job as a "golden ticket"

pahapoika likes this.
  25. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It depends what their aspirations are and if it is a step in the right direction. It starts the retirement clock.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

nra286 and pahapoika like this.