Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

781 - 800 of 895 Posts
G

·
Princess had Meaty out front yesterday - the mailman came by, and Meaty took off after him - went straight for his legs, then sniffed at his pockets, The mailman just laughed at him and Meat looked at him like "Where the hell is my cookie"!!
In my sector, there is both a 180lb Bullmastiff, and a 220lb English Mastiff. Both are the most gentle giants you could imagine, and I always make it a point to stop the cruiser and say hello if I see their owners walking them.

However, before I knew their personalities, I was very cautious in approaching both, and I would be very peeved if I saw either of the behemoths running around unleashed if I didn't know them.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't allow them in the house, don't trust them one bit. Just look at this thread, what was the longest stretch it went between articles? Even still its like crime stats, just because they're not reported isn't the same as them not happening.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
I had to post this one from The Great Detective Shavedlongcock

Photo: C.mont, also known as Monster, an 8-month-old pit bull shot by an off-duty Chicago police officer Thursday evening in a West Side alley. (Family photo)

CHICAGO, IL - An off-duty Chicago police officer shot and wounded a pit bull after it and another dog growled and advanced on him as he was getting out of his car Thursday night on the Near West Side, police said. (So far so good...I am surprised Pat Camden didn't make an in person appearance for this police shooting)

The dogs' owner and his family said the dog that was shot about 8:20 p.m. and its sire were able to get out of the yard by pushing on the gate of the family yard in 700 block of South Claremont by the owner's grandson. The officer is a longtime neighbor of the owner's family.

The officer told investigators he was getting out of his car when the two dogs came up and growled at him, said Chicago Police Officer John Mirabelli, a police spokesman. The officer retreated, but the growling continued and the dogs advanced on him, said Mirabelli, citing preliminary reports. (The dogs also asked the officer for all his money and his car)

The officer drew his gun and shot one of the dogs, Mirabelli said. Animal Care and Control was called to the scene, but the owner and his daughter said the wounded dog, an 8-month-old named C.Mont and known as Monster, was taken to a private animal hospital where it was euthanized after being shot in the jaw and leg. (Does private animal hospitals take the welfare medicade card?)

The owner, Felipe Rodriguez,(A fine illegal ****** living in the Sanctuary City of Chicago) said he was in his house when the shooting happened, but said that the dogs--Monster and his father--"were not trained to fight." (Dogs do NOT need to be trained to BITE)

Rodriguez's daughter Maria Rodriguez said her nephew (Because they have about 50 different family members living in this house) had gone to her house for dinner, walking from where he lives with his grandfather on the same block, and the younger dog had apparently pushed open the gate to the back yard. The younger dog got out first, and her nephew told her that Monster was not threatening the officer, Maria Rodriguez said. (BULLSHIT...They didn't witness this but they know what dog left first)

It did not appear that the other dog, Weezy, left the yard until after he heard Monster crying, Maria Rodriguez said. (Again.. when a person says "it appears" it means they think this is what happened they didn't witness it)

Zonia Borda, who lives across the alley from the Rodriguez family, said that she did not hear the dogs barking before she heard shots Thursday night. She said she looked out to see the officer standing near his back gate, and saw a dog that had been shot and was running toward Felipe Rodriguez's back gate, crying. (I am surprised she didn't say the dogs had their paws up in the air and were unarmed when the officer executed them)

"I've been around those dogs--they are around children," and are not dangerous, Borda said. (Sounds like Borda may have been doing a lot of things with these dogs and peanut butter)

Felipe Rodriguez was issued citations for having an unrestrained dog, a dog without a license and lacking proof of rabies vaccinations. He was due to appear at a city administrative hearing on Nov. 18, Mirabelli said. (It is not his fault, the city only offers free shots and tags once a year to illegal *******)

Because the officer shot his weapon, the city's Independent Police Review Authority is investigating. (He will be brought up on murder charges in the near future to appease the illegal ****** Hispanic community)

Detective Shaved Longcock

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #789
Small child mauled by 3 pitbulls dies

Updated: Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 30 Sep 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - A 1-year-old died after being mauled by three pitbulls.
The incident happened around 6:00pm at a house on Leete Street.
"I went upstairs to try and help my neighbor, and I seen the baby lying there," said Sean Patterson.
"Yeah they were aggressive, but she usually keeps them in her room. I don't know how they got loose and attacked the little girl, and went up there, and she was on the floor in a pool of blood," says Robert Rios. "The cops just told me she didn't make it, I live right there on the second floor, I mean she was just outside, and I was playing with her a half hour before that..."
Rios says she was taken to her room to go to bed. The pitbulls began to fight over her, as if she were a toy.
He says after that, the cops came in, killed the dogs, and took them away.
Theresa Zumbo says she heard the dogs barking, then saw them being tasered.
"They were tasering a dog, then they brought one down, and out on a canvas thing, and the dog was unconscious, it was a very sad thing to see," says Zumbo.
"I pray for everybody, pray for the baby," said Patterson.
The girl was pronounced dead at Yale New Haven Hospital.
People in the area said the dogs were aggressive.
The incident is still under investigation. No arrests have been made.

Child bit by dog in West Haven | WTNH.com Connecticut

G

·
Small child mauled by 3 pitbulls dies

Updated: Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 30 Sep 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - A 1-year-old died after being mauled by three pitbulls.
What kind of fucking idiots keep 3 aggressive dogs, never mind Pit Bulls, in the same house as a 1 year-old child?

I'm really, really, really getting tired of these Pit Bull apologists who endanger innocent people with their hell hounds. Now a child is dead, and some cops are traumatized from seeing a baby ripped to shreds, all because some selfish asshole thought it would be cool to have not one, but three of these killing machines in their house.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
Owner Hurt Breaking Up Dog Fight

New Hampshire Family's Dog Injured In Attack

A New Hampshire dog owner risked his own life jumping into an attack to save his dog. Both the man and the dog are recovering after suffering some serious injuries in the attack that happened in Concord just a few days ago but she said she knows it could have been worse.
"I heard my dog screaming, so it went running out, and I saw two pit bulls trying to tear her apart," said Missy Dow. She described the brutal attack on her beloved Labrador retriever mix rescue dog, Izzy. It happened in her own back yard Tuesday morning as she was getting her children ready for school. Dow didn't want to go on camera, but she said it was her husband who pulled Izzy from the jaws of the pit bull that attacked her pet.

Read more: Owner Hurt Breaking Up Dog Fight - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

G

·
Would you be justified in shooting 2 other dogs to save the life of yours ?
I would say "good job" to the pet owner, call DPW to remove the carcasses of the attacking dogs, and file the mandatory report to document the firearms discharge with very favorable wording on my part.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I wasn't sure if the 3 rd party defense included pets. That being said , having just lost my pet I know what I would have done.

G

·
I wasn't sure if the 3 rd party defense included pets. That being said , having just lost my pet I know what I would have done.
To be honest, I don't know the legal minutiae, but I can't imagine any prosecutor with half a brain bringing charges even if the law doesn't allow defense of pets. What I do know is that I personally would never file charges, even if allowed by law.

Get a single pet owner on the jury, and the case is going nowhere.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
To be honest, I don't know the legal minutiae, but I can't imagine any prosecutor with half a brain bringing charges even if the law doesn't allow defense of pets. What I do know is that I personally would never file charges, even if allowed by law.

Get a single pet owner on the jury, and the case is going nowhere.
I'm not aware of any law that prohibits you from rescuing your pet as it is or is about to be ripped to shreds whether armed or not. You have the right to shoot if your life becomes endangered in the process. I don't know of any law that requires someone to do absolutely nothing while their pet is being killed in fornt of them. Using that logic you couldn't throw a rock at an attacking Pit Bull going after a pug.

DA: Did you discharge your weapon to save your dog?

Me: No.

DA: Why did you discharge your weapon then?

ME: I discharged it because there was an imminent threat to my safety as I was trying to rescue my dog.

I recently had a coyote lingering in my driveway while my 12 lb. Terrier was nearby. I was letting the dog out before work and could've easily shot it but it slowly walked into the woods. If it had come after my dog I would not have shot it...if it came at us both as I was attempting to retrieve my dog, different story. I am not going to wait to see if it sinks it's fangs into me before defending myself. Its funny how attacking animals could get the benefit of the doubt. The reacitonary gap for a human with an edged weapon is 21 feet. What is it the reactionary gap for a charging animal intent on sinking its fangs into you (whether intentionally or as a consequence of you grabbing your pet)?

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
Pit Bull Attacks Woman, Kills Puppy In North Braddock

PITTSBURGH -- Authorities are investigating after a pit bull attacked a woman and killed her puppy while she was walking her pet. The attack happened Wednesday night on Grandview Avenue in North Braddock. Police said the pit bull attacked a 9-month-old Scottish terrier and bit the woman while she tried to save her pet. Police used a rope to subdue the pit bull and to tie its mouth shut. An officer even sat on the animal so it would not escape. "Amazing job. Amazing job," said animal enforcement officer Kenneth Ferree. "To put themselves right in front of this dog's mouth, it's almost like trying to wrestle an alligator, literally." Investigators said they talked to the owner of the pit bull, and charges may be filed.

Pit Bull Attacks Woman, Kills Puppy In North Braddock - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

G

·
Police used a rope to subdue the pit bull and to tie its mouth shut. An officer even sat on the animal so it would not escape. "Amazing job. Amazing job," said animal enforcement officer Kenneth Ferree. "To put themselves right in front of this dog's mouth, it's almost like trying to wrestle an alligator, literally."
Yeah, that'll be the day that I do that.....a couple of well-placed .45 ACP rounds, and call DPW for the carcass removal.

781 - 800 of 895 Posts