Do pit bulls need a law of their own? (All Pit Bull News) | Page 31 | MassCops

Do pit bulls need a law of their own? (All Pit Bull News)

Discussion in 'Hot Topics' started by kwflatbed, May 3, 2007.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

In all fairness my cat bit me a while ago, and I ended up in the ER FIVE days in a row getting IV antibiotics and my right hand was 3 times the size. They actually thought I would need a hand surgeon. So much for my hand modeling career.

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

At least you still have your hand.

3. 7costanza

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Sorry, not an ounce of sympathy for the man.....you bring a timebomb into your home, it can explode at any time, with dire consequences.

I feel sorry for Mr. Haigler's children and family, but I have to chuckle a bit whenever a pit bull apologist is mauled by their own Hell hound.

5. 7costanza

Noo...it was an Armoire.

6. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Pit-bull owners feel bite

LOWELL -- Since the City Council passed a pit-bull muzzle law Tuesday night, some owners in the city have scrambled to find out how their dogs can meet the ordinance's exemption provisions.
    The law stipulates that all pit bulls must be muzzled when off their owners' properties unless the dog completes a training program from a facility or instructor possessing a nationally accredited certification in dog training.
    The ordinance also exempts service dogs and dogs adopted by the Lowell Humane Society that go through its "comprehensive behavior and temperament evaluation."

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Re: Pit-bull owners feel bite

When your breed of choice is such a problem that it mandates targeted legislation, there's a term for that:

A CLUE!!!!!

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Pit bull fatally shot by deputies serving warrant in Pompano Beach

Deputies attempting to serve a warrant at a residence
    along the 600 block of Northwest 5th Avenue in Pompano
    Beach fired on a pit bull dog when it charged at them Friday,
    the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Read the full story at Sun-Sentinel
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

9. kwflatbed

Police: Mississippi Woman Shooting at Dog Kills Husband

Published July 16, 2011
    | Associated Press

JACKSON, Miss. – Police in Mississippi say a woman opened fire on a puppy that had threatened children, but wound up shooting and killing her husband.
    Witnesses tell police that the pit bull named "Cocaine" had lunged at some children and tried to attack them on Friday. The dead man's son says the children were taken inside and his father picked the dog up.

Read more: Police: Mississippi Woman Shooting at Dog Kills Husband - FoxNews.com

10. 7costanza

Bwahahahahha, a Pitbull named cocaine, you deserve everything you got you fuckin dumbass just for naming that dog cocaine.

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Deciding to bring a timebomb into your home just keeps on producing so many good results. :rolleyes:

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Don't say you never considered it......

13. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

My final word on this; if every other special interest group can have a law to call it's own, why not pitbulls? Let's not descriminate against the pitbulls or else the friggin ACLU will be up in arms, but of course, the kind for hugging.

14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Don't give them any ideas.

15. kwflatbed

Pregnant Pacifica woman killed by family pit bull [HR][/HR]PACIFICA -- A pregnant Pacifica woman was mauled and killed by a family pit bull Thursday inside her home and discovered by her husband when he returned from work.
    Darla Napora, 32, was found by her husband, Greg, at their house at 588 Reina del Mar around noon.
    Greg Napora told police that he arrived home to find one of the couple's two pit bull...

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Read the full story at San Francisco Chronicle
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

16. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

What a heartwarming story.....two more lives snuffed out by a "loving" and "gentle" pit bull. :rolleyes:

The best line from the story;

"Police fired three shots at the pit bull, killing it".

Good riddance.

Second-best line;

A former neighborhood resident on the scene wasn't nearly so sympathetic to the presence of pit bulls. "I'm scared to death of them," said Jeni Viny, 59, in Pacifica for a high school reunion. Viny of Nashville recalled being at a dog obedience class where a 4-month-old pit bull began attacking other dogs in the room. "I hate them".

Someone who gets it.

17. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

I wonder if the victim apologized to her Pit Bull for being the proverbial "bad owner" in between the screams of agonizing pain as it was ripping her to shreds.

18. kwflatbed

Dog shot after mauling girl at shopping center

(08-25) 06:05 PDT COACHELLA, Calif. (AP) -- A pit bull-mix dog that mauled a 12-year-old girl and attacked another girl and deputies at a Southern California desert shopping center has been shot.
    Riverside County sheriff's investigators say the girl had a serious leg wound and a 9-year-old girl had minor injuries after the dog attacked them Tuesd...

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Read the full story at San Francisco Chronicle[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Let's all say it together: "He was the sweetest, most gentle dog imaginable". :rolleyes:

20. BrickCop

What do you mean? Don't you realize it's always the owner's fault? It's strange how no other breed has so many "bad" owners. I'm sure its just a statistically absurd coincidence.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I've taken 2 graduate statistics courses....the numbers on Pit Bulls aren't a coincidence, the term is "statistically significant".

BTW....anyone else notice that jetsixx got so worked-up about reading the truth about Pit Bulls that he left the website? I hope he's okay, but wouldn't it be ironic if he got mauled by his Pit Bull?

I think I'm going to write to the APA and suggest a new mental disorder for the DSM-V; Pit Bull Defense Derangement Syndrome (PBDDS).

22. BrickCop

I defer to your superior education as to the proper terminology but you don't have to be a smarty pants to realize that they are fanged time bombs. :D

23. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Thanks for reminding me why I left this site. I've said it before and I'll say it again your trying to convince you of facts is like arguing with a liberal. POINTLESS!!!!! Goodbye

24. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Actually, you're the one displaying classic liberal behavior....you can't defend your position, so you threw a temper tantrum, called people names, and stormed out.

Promise? How can we miss you when you won't go away?

25. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

jettsixx,
    You've been around this site long enough to know you don't have to attend every argument that you've been invited to.
    I have no "dog in this fight" (pun intended) but have enjoyed your input over the years.
    With that said... I hope that your stay here continues.