Do pit bulls need a law of their own? (All Pit Bull News) | Page 28 | MassCops

Do pit bulls need a law of their own? (All Pit Bull News)

Discussion in 'Hot Topics' started by kwflatbed, May 3, 2007.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Thats an isolated incident....:poop:

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Right....just like the previous 17 pages are all isolated incidents.

3. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

why is this thread still open, we are never going to agree and it only causes shit between members of this board.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Translation = It makes pit bulls look bad and completely undermines the argument that they're lovable creampuffs who wouldn't hurt a fly.

5. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

lol

6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Did you say something.....im still staring at that pink dental floss above you :tounge_smile:

7. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Thanks but I dont need a translator, I speak my mind quite well on my own. As I have told you before prejudging every dog out there just makes you look like an uneducated buffoon. No I'm not saying it is a race thing either, it is a case of prejudging something you obviously have little first hand knowledge of. Quote all of the newspaper articles you want, I can pull up just as many showing dirty cops, doesnt me they are correct. Ya I know apples and oranges right? I have been working with all breeds of dogs for the past six years I would take a Pit over most every other breed out there. If you dont want to own one then dont simple as that. As I said we will NEVER agree on this so why bother talking about it. :banghead:

8. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

I have a couple of pitties in my neighborhood. Even though their owners are idiots, the dogs are sweet and just sit on their porch, watching everything. One dog was "dead cockroaching" out there today while i was sitting on my porch. He started snoring and then woke himself up with a fart! hahaha Classic doggie moments.. ONLY kind of dog who can pull that off without being laughed out of town?... a Pitbull.. HAHAHAH

LOVE THEM!

9. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Ladies and gentlemen...the Dog Whisperer himself, the great Ceasar Milan has entered the thread. Sadly, my cable provider dropped the National Geographic channel from basic and I'm too cheap to subscribe but I used to love your show.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored...however sincere apologies are extended for the resulting stress.

Hey, I see what you did there, trying to inject a cop comparsion to both relate and refute Delta's POV. Granted that it made zero sense but it was sorta clever.

And I'm certain that the majority breed of dog bites observed by cops and victims has been...wait for it....pit bulls. It's been a while (ie: never) since I responded to a vicious poodle call or on sighted a Basset Hound tearing apart smaller dog.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't find it annoying when people post messages of interest on message boards.

10. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

There has not been a single day in my life where I did not have a dog. Fucking love them. Now if my dog or your dog ever so much as expressed aggression to my kids, or yours, I'd bury him or her. Answer is simple, some people should not be allowed to have pets and or children for that matter.

11. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Brickcop I wouldnt expect you to understand most of that. Alot of it was from previous conversations that Delta and I have had in the past. Feel free to read through the first 60 to 70 pages of this thread. I respect Delta and his opinions, however we will never agree on Pitbulls I can accept that.

I feel that as far as Pitbulls are concerned alot of people are closed minded. The point of the bad cop reference was that newspapers can sensationalize anything they want to. Dog bites are not tracked by type of dog. Do pitbulls bite obviously yes, any dog with teeth can bite. Yes larger dogs do more damage when they bite. I can only speak from my experience and my experience has been that the smaller dogs bite more often than the bigger dogs. I cant tell you how many times I have seen people not take a little dog seriously when it is growling and giving every warning signal it can. Yes you could punt it across the room but if it bites you it still does damage. One nasty bite on the hand could end a career, might not be life threatening but still life altering. As I have said before if someone doesnt want to own a pit then dont own one. But as far as any BSL I would never agree with that. Oh and for what it is worth, I'm not a big fan of Ceaser.

12. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

Don't get me started on Cesar Milan. :banghead::timebomb::stomp:

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If you would like to compare education credentials, I would be more than pleased to do so.

Did you just try to interject the race card into a debate about DOGS?? Are you serious?

And you know that about me because......??

I have over 20 years of experience and knowledge behind me. I can count on one hand the number of non-pit bull attacks I've seen over the years, and the pit bulls are too numerous to count.

Dirty cops make a conscious choice to go bad. Pit bulls do it because that's what they do.

More like apples and moonrocks.

I will never own one, but other people can endanger my children by making the choice to own one. If one is unleashed and comes anywhere near my kids, it's going to die a quick death from lead poisoning.

If I want to point out the obvious and express my opinion, I'm going to do it. If you don't like it, then don't read it or attempt to refute it in a way that's more relevant than playing the race card and talking about dirty cops.

14. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

I am an animal lover and have always had a dog on my side. Seen lots of breeds, delt with lots of breeds, seen and delt with lots of pit bulls, they may be sweet and cuddly but it is just a matter of time. My vote is kill them all.

In my book its no different than someone owning a tiger or a bear, it is just a matter of time. These animals are who they are.

15. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I agree with your basic philosophy, but I'm not advocating killing all of them. Spay/neuter the population and let the breed die out through attrition.

16. kav

kav MassCops Member

Don't do that, it's the same argument with the same opinions spanned over four years.

Maybe an admin should put a poll up. It would be interesting to see where the masses stand on this subject.

17. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Everyone is soooo sensitive around here these days, I think I'm going to go suck my thumb and find a happy place until this blows over... ..
    (somebody cue the Dumb and Dumber-Lloyd and Seabass scene)

18. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I heard that laughing hyenas make wonderful pets also.

[​IMG]

19. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

I'll use the following random/made up figures to illustrate a broader point. Let's say small breed dogs are responsible for 70 out of 100 bite incidents. These stats say that PB's are less likely to bite but the overwhelming percentage of PB bites inflict far more damage/injury that a small breed biter. THAT one fact, in and of itself makes them more dangerous.

20. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I had a poodle bite the skin off my knuckle....dangerous!

I saw this on the news and all people involved looked like whiskey tango from a neighborhood where everyone is just starting to turn their lives around.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

All I've done is offer my opinion, backed up by dozens and dozens of real-world incidents, that pit bulls are unpredictable and dangerous.

In return, the pit bull apologists find it necessary to respond with personal attacks, calling me an "uneducated buffoon" because I pointed out the elephant in the living room.

Law School 101: If you have the truth on your side, you simply speak to the facts. If you don't, you yell, scream, pound the table, and mount personal attacks.

22. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

Hint! When you see something other than your kids swinging from a tire swing, something has to go. Years ago, I witnessed my kid sister get ripped off her bike and was mauled to hell by a Sheppard. What she do wrong? Nothing! She was riding her bike down a side walk. What did the arrogant owners do when the dog would freak out at any sign of pedestrian traffic, nothing. I can niether confirm nor deny the rumor that my Dad gave the dog a dirt nap and the owner a good ass whip.

23. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Pit bull will be put down after attacking South End woman

By Dan McDonald / Standard-Times
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NEW BEDFORD — A pit bull attack has left a woman wheelchair-bound and vowing to lobby for stricter breed-specific dog rules in the city.
    The attack occurred last Tuesday after Tammy Simmons, 38, knocked on the door of her landlord’s apartment, which is located downstairs from her apartment at 103 Thompson St.
    The door opened, and a male pit bull named Raz rushed out and bit her lower leg, she said.

Read the full story at the Standard-Times

24. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Delta, I was not calling you an uneducated buffoon, I said when someone lumps all of any particular breed together because of the actions of what really amounts to few in my opinion that is how they appear. (how many pitbulls do you think there are in the world?). No I was not pulling the race card, although I knew you would take it that way as you have in the past.I did say I feel you are pre judging the entire breed, Yes I did say I feel this is something you have no first hand knowledge of as in I do not believe you have ever owned a pitbull and I respect that as your choice.

I do however agree with you that if a dog was coming after your family unrestrained yes take it out if you feel it is a threat however I would blame the moron that let the dog off the leash for their irresponsibility in not restraining or training the dog. I would also agree that not everyone should own this breed or several other breeds. German Shepherd, Rottie, Dobi, etc.

The thing is if I dont like something I dont own it, I dont expect everyone in the world to stop owning something I dont like, just because I dont like it. Who does that?

One question then I am done with this thread, Can you honestly tell me which of these dogs is the pitbull?

Hopefully the pic posted:

[​IMG]
    1 ​
    [​IMG]
    2 ​
    [​IMG]
    3 ​
    [​IMG]
    4​
    [​IMG]
    5​
    [​IMG]
    6​
    [​IMG]
    7​
    [​IMG]
    8​
    [​IMG]
    9​
    [​IMG]
    10​
    [​IMG]
    11​
    [​IMG]
    12​
    [​IMG]
    13​
    [​IMG]
    14​
    [​IMG]
    15​
    [​IMG]
    16 ​
    [​IMG]
    17​
    [​IMG]
    18​
    [​IMG]
    19​
    [​IMG]
    20​
    [​IMG]
    21​
    [​IMG]
    22​
    [​IMG]
    23​
    [​IMG]
    24​
    [​IMG]
    25​

25. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

As strongly as I feel about this subject, Everyone has their right to their own opinion. I've argued it with students, clients, and family. Luckily for me, I can show far more good cases of the breed than bad. I think it has a lot to do with demographics of where and how the dogs are raised. In the country, all the pitties are mellow dogs and just hang out all day, happy. NO aggression issues. In the shit cities around the world where they are used as fashion accessories, YES, they are dangerous.
    It really isn't the dog's fault. They didn't ask to be born into an enviroment and made to be dangerous. No one asks for that, not even dogs. It's the humans of the world that have to ruin everything. I do mean, I BLAME THE HUMANS 100% OF THE TIME.
    My shepherd didn't ask to be abused and tormented with little dogs. Fortunately for him, he ended up in MY possession and I fixed him. Most people would have given up. I refused to.
    THAT is the difference between me and other people.
    But you are certainally entitled to your opinions. Does it upset me when people are breed prejudice? YES, can i do anything about it? NO!