Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Photo by Charles Crowley

LOOKING FOR BODY: Officials search the Merrimack River in Newburyport for Norbert 'Richard' Decker, who fell overboard.

His dog was petrified of riding in his tipsy dinghy so Norbert "Richard" Decker tied the Siberian husky to a post in Newburyport's Cashman Park and rowed out to his sailboat moored in the Merrimack River. But unlike most evenings, he never returned to shore to pick up his beloved pooch.
Decker, who lived on his old 37-foot sloop, is believed to have drowned Thursday night, and yesterday a team of Newburyport police divers returned to the river, scouring its murky bottom for a second straight day, while harbormaster, state police, environmental police and U.S. Coast Guard vessels plied the harbor looking for his body.
"We've put a lot of effort into it so far," Newburyport Harbormaster Paul Hogg said.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20221118divers_search_harbor_for_sailboat_dweller/

G

·
I take my kids to Cashman Park all the time (nice playground). What a sad set of circumstances.

Sent from my wicked smaht DROID RAZR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.