Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what dispatchers out there are wearing for uniforms, if any? Are most dispatchers wearing the traditional police style uniform with the badge, nameplate and collar brass OR a more non traditional style polo shirt with khaki pants, for example?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lets see if I can remember what dispatchers wear in Western MA

Amherst: Casual uniform
Agawam: Police style uniform
Belchertown: Casual uniform
Berkshire County: Casual attire
Easthampton: No uniform (casual attire)
Hadley: No uniform (casual attire)
Hampden: Police style uniform
Holyoke: Police style uniform
Longmeadow: ?
Ludlow: ?
Monson: ?
Montague: ?
Northampton: Casual uniform
Palmer: Casual attire
South Hadley: Casual attire
Southampton: Casual uniform
Southwick: Police style uniform
Springfield: Casual attire
West Springfield: ?
Westfield: Police style uniform
Wilbraham: Casual uniform

Eastern MA:

Attleboro: No uniform (casual attire)
North Attleboro: Police style uniform
Norton: Casual uniform

State Police Northampton and Shelburne Falls: It is either Casual uniform or casual attire.

There are several other civilian dispatch centers out here plus several college/campus dispatch centers but I have no clue what they wear.

MCOA I added a few that I know of.....Gil

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
FSCPD F/T Dispatchers wear Police style uniforms: Brown Shirt, Dispatcher Badge, Name Tag, State Collar Pins, Blue Pants. They have a police communications patch, FSCPD Patch, and flag on their shirts.

FSCPD P/T Dispatchers wear no uniform casual attire.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Re: Dispatch uniforms

My comm center is located in the town's police department, handles lobby traffic as well as PD/FD/911 calls, and everyone (FT or PT) wears a full uniform:

French blue uniform shirt; comm center patch on left sleeve; name tag with "Serving Since" accessory; "911" collar brass (retarded in my opinion); communications badge similar to the firefighters' badges; navy uniform slacks; black boots or sneakers. Ties or turtlenecks with the long sleeved shirt worn on the same schedule as the officers. I have a belt with my pager on it, and prefer Sponge Bob or Patriots boxer shorts along with black socks. 8)

-Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
We wear black kaki's and a dark maroon polo. Polo has our agencies emblem on it. We also have to wear black shoes and socks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SP Shelburne Falls and SP Northampton wear whatever they please as long as its not sweat pants..well unless you're certain people....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's official! We have made the switch from the traditional Police style uniform to the less casual polo shirt and Royal Robbin 5.11 pant...Much more confortable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
At the Holyoke Community College Police Department:
When a Campus Police Officer (CPO) is "at the desk", the CPO wears the full police uniform of the day.

When one of the Institutional Security Officers (ISO) is at the desk, they wear their ISO uniform.
Black shoes, socks, black pants, gray polo shirt with ISO lettering, no patches.

When one of the civilian employees is at the desk, they wear “appropriate” civilian attire.

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts
Boston wears anything they damn well please. The city doesn't want to negotiate with the civilian union to establish a uniform.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Camp Arifjan Dispatch wears the same uniform as the Firefighters

Navy Blue T-Shirt with logo on front and CAFD on back

Navy Blue BDU pants

Black jump boots

Jeremie

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Palmer PD - They wear a police style uniform, same patch as PO's but with the communications rocker on top.

Warren PD - Casual, whatever the hell you wanna wear... may soon change to a provided Polo shirt.

Natick PD - Casual, may have a Polo shirt now, thats been back and forth.

·
Registered
131 Posts
FSCPD F/T Dispatchers wear Police style uniforms: Brown Shirt, Dispatcher Badge, Name Tag, State Collar Pins, Blue Pants. They have a police communications patch, FSCPD Patch, and flag on their shirts.

FSCPD P/T Dispatchers wear no uniform casual attire.

:stupid:

Thats just DOT man, the other part timers wear uniforms, where have you been :spell:

·
Registered
5 Posts
we in Bellingham wear blue polo shirts with our names and towns embroidered on them with blue pants and black boots, which is mandatory, i wish we could wear civilian clothes, but i dont see that happening anytime too soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.