Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the start date for the dispatcher academy is? Also who do you need to contact? I have almost 2 dispatch experience but would still like to take it, good resume builder.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would imagine that Monna Wallace from SETB would be the contact person; Jeremie or someone else from the MCOA probably has more details!

-Mike

·
Registered
447 Posts
Please DO NOT contact SETB or Mona Wallace directly. They have a thing with just anyone calling them. I do not know why. Go through your dept head or PSAP person. A scheadule will not be out until sometime in Sept. Monna had to get the surveys back and then they have to get the scheadule set up. They are a small officer so everyone has to do everything. Try and be patient it will happen. As soon as I hear something I promise it will be posted here and on the MCOA website..

Jeremie

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be sure to let you know. I probably get sponsered, but pay for it myself. As with every town, money is tight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you want to check out their web page it's http://www.ma911.org/
On the web page it says if you have any inquiries to call Dawn DeRoche at (781)-944-9113 ext. 104. (Or have your dept head call.) The next class is scheduled for the fall.
Also on another note I just wanted to add that it was a great experience. I went through the second academy. I was able to get all of the certifications that I needed and learn the basics. They also had classes on MCI's and some of the other stuff that we don't get to see as often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.