Did Oprah Winfrey's Network Inflate Vote for a Single Contestant? | MassCops

Did Oprah Winfrey's Network Inflate Vote for a Single Contestant?

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by kwflatbed, Jun 25, 2010.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Does anyone else beside me think she is one of the biggest frauds just
    like her buddy Obama.

LOS ANGELES
    Oprah Winfrey’s new television network OWN, launching in January, has been forced to start an investigation into possible foul play surrounding its “Your OWN Show” contest.
    The online competition solicits video entries from contestants who want to host a talk show on the new network. Prior to Tuesday, wheelchair-bound comedian and travel show host hopeful Zach Anner -- who reveals in his pitch video that he has cerebral palsy, which he refers to as the "sexiest" form of palsy -- was the favorite among almost 6,000 entrants, and had taken over the contest’s top spot for over a week.
    But in a surprising turn of events on Tuesday, Anner was overtaken by another candidate, Dr. Phyllis, who got more than 300,000 votes in less than 20 minutes and 600,000 within an hour, prompting many to question whether the network, or even Winfrey herself, had played a part in goosing her numbers.
    “The online voting rules for the “Your OWN Show” video submission are carefully crafted to be fair to everyone,” a rep for the OWN Network told FOX411.com’s Pop Tarts in a statement. “Any allegations of impropriety will be investigated and the appropriate actions taken to keep the process unbiased.”
    We asked several times for the name of the company responsible for tabulating the votes, and despite being told by the rep that they would get back to us "ASAP,” the rep never did.

FOXNews.com - Did Oprah Winfrey's Network Inflate Vote for a Single Contestant?

2. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

What was Acorn's role in this? :rolleyes:

3. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Oprah is nothing but a SHAM!!!!

4. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

be nice, if you ever have a book to sell, she could be your best friend
    [​IMG]

5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

With all the egomaniacs out there, she has GOT to be the most EGOMANIACLE of them all.

Ok, she names her TV show after herself. That actually make sense. Then she starts a book club named after herself. Ok, whatever, it encourages people to read...books SHE likes. Then she starts her own magazine, named OPRAH and with HER on the cover, EVERY FREAKIN' MONTH! Now she has her own TV network that she names AFTER HERSELF. Ted Turner look out, someones trying to eclipse you!

Ok, ok, Oprah, you're the most amazing woman EVER, right after Hillary Clin...RODHAM Clinton, we get it. Now STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your money on a small Carribean island and leave us alone.

6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Whenever I meet a woman who mentions they saw something on Oprah, their credibility immediately goes down the pooper. That's my version of the "Oprah Effect."