Detail @ the Polls? | MassCops

Detail @ the Polls?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by mpd61, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

I am doing 7-3 tomorrow, anybody else doing it? I'm thinking of taking the Garand and 192 rounds en bloc of course. Civil War predicted............

Hush, CCCSD, visible25 and 2 others like this.
  2. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Considering taking one of the poll details, seems like a decent gig. I don't forecast any issues until they close and counting starts.

Side note; where do ya get your ammo from?

CCCSD and mpd61 like this.
  3. mpd61

Nobody has much ammo these days, but I've always had luck with these folks, you just have to email them a copy of your FID/LTC.
    Ammunition at Wholesale Hunter

visible25, kdk240 and CCCSD like this.
  4. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

I'm working the polls in my tomorrow afternoon till close. I'm not anticipating too many problems. Our town is rural and pretty red. The usual idiots don't venture out our way.

Of course, if anything does pop off, there's not much I can do. I'm a constable, so I just park cars and stuff.

Sooty, mpd61 and CCCSD like this.
  5. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

I’m gonna continue with serving my time in FB jail. Seven and a wake up, Baby!

Sooty and Hush like this.
  6. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Im ordered for a poll tomorrow 0530-2230. Then we’re onto 12 hr shifts/no days off. FML

7. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

Days I hope. The most tired I've ever been was working six 1800-0600 in a week, which happened frequently at my old job. Good luck, bro. Prayers up!

8. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

I was talking to a friend of mine who has a gun shop. Can't even find certain toys right now.. I just got what I could from target sports usa. They are usually pretty good but no one has squat for ammo.

mpd61 likes this.
  9. mpd61

Detail was Ho-hum today........Just usual Subaru drivers going wrong way/trying to back out entrance way. No signs of any shenanigans

Sooty likes this.
  10. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Or WERE they...?

mpd61 likes this.
  11. Macop2020

Macop2020 MassCops Member

The polls used to be a coveted detail back in the day, only the most senior Officers could get them and it would be the same Officer at any given location for years, now they have to force people to work them. I sure as hell avoid them like the plague.

12. Macop2020

Macop2020 MassCops Member

Head north my friend!

kdk240 likes this.
  13. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

I'd go north tonight if I could get out of this state. My parents just made that decision in retirement and downsized if we can call it that, my dads in his gun glory lol.
    Sadly, not an option for me. wish it was.

14. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

We did a retirement "downsize." Ended up with a much bigger house because we had a hard time finding a small ranch in the country that didn't need a ton of work. I will admit that it is nice having more than one bath and closet space.

mpd61 and Sooty like this.
  15. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

Hmmm... I have a friend that did that recently - gorgeous house on a lake!

HistoryHound likes this.
  16. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

No lake for us. We saw one that had private lake access, but they wanted more for it than we felt it was worth and there was a bidding war. Considering we could see that it needed windows, deck work and the front entry way was a total disaster I could only imagine what popped up on inspection. Plus despite a large lot it was situated right next to another house. We wanted to move out to the country to get away from people. We have a ton of privacy where we are and it didn't need a ton of work. The biggest issue with this place was I had to teach their realtor what happens when you try to screw with me.

Sooty, mpd61 and Goose like this.