Detail bag contents | MassCops

Detail bag contents

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Chitownlost, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Does anyone else have a specific detail duty bag. You know that "I'm gonna be here all damn day sweating/freezing my ballz off" bag. I know someone here has some genius thing they carry that I never thought of. I have the following:

Water (of course)
    Snacks
    Sun block
    Bug spray
    Gatorade powder
    Ear plugs
    Small towel
    Cell phone battery pack
    Foul weather gear (rain gear, extra hats, gloves, chemical hand warmers, etc).

What am I missing?

Hush likes this.
  2. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Toilet paper. Seriously.

pahapoika and Chitownlost like this.
  3. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

+1 to the above, but I also pack my detail bag similar to my duty bag. Extra flashlight and batteries, and a traffic cone just in case as well as asprin, and antacids, snacks and some extra empty dunks cups for the just in case call of nature that you can't wait for. (Which btw have come in handy a couple of times or its my advancing age:( .)I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

Chitownlost likes this.
  4. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Don't forget extra detail slips ;)

carodo and Chitownlost like this.
  5. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

6. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I have all my extra clothes in the back of my car, well, that is, vest, extra jacket dry socks plenty of high viz gloves. When it's snowing or raining, orange electricians gloves are ideal, though I also have the type used in dishwashing. Sounds stupid as hell, but just how quick to knit or leather gloves get soaking wet and become totally uncomfortable? Dog treats, when I think of it. Not only do the dogs like it, but the owners get a kick out of it when you pay attention to their dog. COMMUNITY POLICING!

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

For some of the utility crews this is standard equipment :D

Chitownlost, kdk240 and RodneyFarva like this.
  8. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Tucks medicated wipes.

9. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Thought those were for the end of roll call.

10. Kilvinsky

Never, EVER forget your umbrella, your tap shoes....no wait, those are for when you're called in for SCREAMING at the idiot who nearly killed you; your foreign phrase book (keep several handy and mark the pages that have the phrase, "HEY FUCKFACE, MOVE THIS DAMN CAR OR I'LL SEND YOU TO ALLAH!"
    Then again, most phones will have a translation ap. I'm showing my age.
    Also, a dildo is not a bad idea to have. When some jackass is stuck waiting because you're helping a back-hoe move in and around traffic and he/she yells, "GO FUCK YOURSELF", you can pull that out and say, "WANNA HELP, DOUCHE BAG?"

Never forget that there ARE construction workers who feel that, no matter how busy the street they're working on, they are on an enclosed and separated site. They will be expecting you anticipate their every move AND will have NO regard for the numerous cars going by. An AIRHORN is helpful to SCARE THE LIVING SHIT out of the guy driving the aforementioned back-hoe when he gets carried away. I said 'he' because no matter how many women I've seen working construction (and there are more and more every day-and some...WHOO HOO!) none seem to drive the heavy equipment.

STOP STICKS can come in handy for all of the above. Hell, you can't SHOOT them, but you can make their days horrible.

If you can, bring a mannequin. Dress it up well and toss it by the side of the road where your job is. If nothing else, it'll slow traffic down as they gawk. When anyone asks, just say something like, "He got in the way of the front end loader in spite of the back up horn. Tragic, but self induced. Move along!"

We, who work at institutions of higher learning often encounter those brave (dumb as shit) individuals who dart around the machinery, walk around the barriers, duck under the caution tape/over the cones and between the barrels. NEVER FORGET YOUR PEPPER SPRAY! and ALWAYS make clear in your report that they came at you in an aggressive manner. Who else would evade the obvious barriers but someone intent on KILLING YOU?????

The chair was mentioned by RodneyFarva and he is truly on target. I work with a guy who has one AND a generator to keep his radio battery charged. Now, if he were to add a small refrigerator and toaster oven, he'd be right on target...especially considering his appetite. If you're stuck working 8 hours, you just might need a cold drink or a hot meal and why in the hell should you have to pay for it? Ok, sure, the canteen trucks may not charge you, but if you can bring stuff from home and cook it, YOU'RE IN HEAVEN!

For those of us who like to drink, maybe a hard lemonade in a Minute Maid lemonade bottle could get you through the worst details.

I'm sure I've overlooked some things, but that's where YOU folks are VIKINGS! I look forward to the additions with, as one of my favorite (former-late) sergeants used to say, "Worm on Tongue" aka baited breath.

Hush, BxDetSgt, Goose and 3 others like this.
  11. RodneyFarva

Lube

Kilvinsky and kdk240 like this.
  12. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Obviously I was doing it all wrong... details woulda been a lot more bearable with the Kilvinsky Method.

Kilvinsky, Goose and pahapoika like this.
  13. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Fan[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BxDetSgt, Chitownlost, Goose and 3 others like this.
  14. Kilvinsky

That man is/was a pure GENIUS! Is he still working?

Chitownlost likes this.
  15. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Dust mask, for road grinding details

Kilvinsky and Chitownlost like this.
  16. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

RodneyFarva likes this.
  17. Oakum yokum

Vicks vapor rub,. In nose for sewer details.

18. RodneyFarva

or road flares for gas main breaks.

Chitownlost, Kilvinsky, Goose and 3 others like this.
  19. Kilvinsky

HONEST TO GOD, my Dad was at the scene of a major car wreck on the highway in my town (yet on the major roadway) and he saw cops from another agency (I won't name the agency, though it was a larger STATE agency) putting down road flares. HE SHIT and strongly cautioned the use of said flares. They weren't used further and thank GOD since there was GASOLINE on the road. My Dad had no interest in the Space Program at the time...late 1960s, which he just might have been blown into under the circumstances.

Shit, we ALL make mistakes, but some mistakes are.............whatever.

Goose likes this.
  20. Oakum yokum

Where they wearing their cover ?