Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
Sure,

AFSCME Grade 12 Campus Police (about $13 hr)
Not armed
Juridisdiction limited to on-site.
Prestige-pretty low
Job satisfaction- mostly low

I heard that some Boston DMH and DPH agencies are not renewing the SSPO warrants now. If so that's pretty lame, but tells you a lot about the job.
:roll:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BartA1,

Im talking about the State DPH PD, just wanted to know if it is worth looking into, I don't know anything about the Dept. except that its a state job, I didn't know if it was armed, good money, police work or even what kind of jurisdiction they had, like state wide property or just hospital grounds or what? any help would be appreciated.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
DODK911,

It is an unarmed position. They carry OC, ASP, and cuffs

As of 01/09/05 the starting pay for a DPH Campus Police Officer I is $1,004.76 bi-weekly (or $12.55/hr) without shift differential (additional $0.75/hr for 2nd or 3rd shift).

Their jurisdiction is through C. 22c S. 60 and only covers property owned, operated, or leased by the DPH

The Shattuck is a complicated place. Its one part prison hospital (DOC has a few floors there and they are also the medical facility county jails use sometimes), one part DMH facility, and one part community medical center. They have around 30 officers that work there and from what I've been told they keep busy.

mpd61,
From what I was told that rumor is false. As a matter of fact the latest rumor I heard DPH is looking into getting CPO's who are not SSPO eligible Deputy Sheriff appointments through Suffolk County as a CYA measure (in response to a recent incident).

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
I saw they had a "Sergeants" Position open there that wasnt through the DOC, it was a DPH Police Position. I was just curious as to what the job was like for the non-corrections guys. I was looking at the hospitals website and it looks like that corrections section is run by its own people like Luap said.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
luap112";p="51997 said:
Mikey,

If I am Correct that facility is run by DOC. So you have to be a C/O to work there.
Ah.............
NO, not twue at all!
:roll:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
The Boston Health and Hospital Guys if I am not mistaken cover Long Island the Methodone Clinic on Frontage Road and a couple of building over by City Hospital. I think they are under the Public Health Commission since City Hospital was taken over by BU

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.