Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delta, Not sure where you are at, but my town and a few others in Franklin County utilize the Sheriffs dept for our ID cards. They are like credit cards and are sharp and professional looking.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As a member of an Aux dept we are talking about new IDs for the dept. I realize that there is a huge difference in training for Aux/specials/reserve/campus and full-time muni officers.
In my Dept we are all sworn officers, attend the reserve academy, are authorized to carry firearms and have full power of arrest while on duty.
Personally I think the info should be on the ID to inform any persons looking at it exactly whom they are dealing with.

Do you think this info should be placed on the ID?
What Info should be included on an ID?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tcop
In response to your post the answer is definitely yes. In my view too many people out there throw around the title police officer putting others under the impression they are full-time muni-officers and the like. I have no problem with AUX on my ID and would expect it to be printed in bold type on my ID with all the other pertinent info. So far most full-timers have been civil to me when I identify myself as an aux officer. However I think another officer would be more comfortable looking at my ID if it stated who I am which is an Aux Officer and if it also included my level of training so the officer has some idea who he is dealing with. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

G

·
For T-cop :As spoken from a true full time police officer with a full time academy with jurisdiction in 173 cities and towns. (and probably sworn in as deputy US Marshalls/customs agent/FBI/agent/Dea/Cia) giving them jurisdiction on all surface and rapid transit throught this great nation of ours,LOL. oh ya I falmost forgot and chptr 90 through out the country,
. Can you say penis envy. I'm only kidding around with ya t-cop, once I started to right I just kept going with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Delta9,
My old dept uses the id company you posted. I was not impressed with them at all. The quality stinks, the town seal was stretched out. Basicaly I did not like them.
For people that use proximity cards to enter into your station there are id companies that will make them into id cars. 2 in 1 not bad. They ones Franklin County use are nice.
My current Dept uses paper laminated ones. OK but easy to duplicate. I personaly like the 2 part id's the feds use.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I just had our IDs done professionally by a Local Union Printshop. Took a few weeks with the design, but the quality of the inks and paper was outstanding. $185 for 150 of them. That was front and back printing.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Don't know who does the ID's at the Jail, but at my other job, we use this software package called IDR 2000. It's an older version, so it's kind of terrible, but I believe the newer version is much better. Then the Id's are printed off through a thermal ink printer attached to a PC.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My department has its own own ID card maker computer program. Its pretty cool the cards look very good. You might want to look into this.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nothing but nothing but I could care less if its says partTime or Aux. as long as they are truthfull when asked about it.. My collection of Deputy badges is huge though...

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For anyone in the Franklin County area, the shefiffs dept in Grennfeild does IDS for most of the surounding towns, and there very nice. And they don't charge us for em!!!

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
APD just got a system that prints out the CC type ID's. Lets you design the ID, all computer based with digital camers etc... I think we will be providing ID's for all of the city departments.

The cards are .50 each, I will grab the name of the software and any info on the company as soon as I can and post it.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Here it is
http://www.a-card.com/preconfigured.html

Starter Photo Id System - Special Price - $2995.00!

This system has everything you need to start producing photo realistic plastic IDs with your existing computer. Ideal for small organizations who want the immediate benefits of plastic ID cards. In a quick simple process, the Alpha Card System allows the operator to quickly take pictures, input data, edit any field depending on security settings, view and print the card.

System Includes:

Alpha Card Premier ID software for Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP
IBM USB digital camera, 640x480 pixels
Persona C16, dye-sub& resin thermal transfer printing, 30 sec/card, edge to edge printing capabilities, 110/120V
UltraCard PVC Cards, 30 mil, 200 Count
Full-Color (YMCKO) Ribbon w/ Resin Black panel and Clear Overlay, 250 prints
60" Tripod
Cleaning Kit
Technical Support

1 - 20 of 20 Posts