Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky Mountain News

DENVER - Two 19-year-olds, including the son of a Denver police officer, have been arrested in the June shooting of a Douglas County sheriff's deputy.
The pair are suspects in a June 28 burglary and auto theft that ended with one or both of the suspects shooting at deputies, hitting one in the arm, said Cocha Heyden, spokeswoman for the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.
Brandin Kreuzer, 19, of Sedalia, and Taylor Moudy, 19, of Castle Rock, were being held in the Douglas County Jail.
Kreuzer is the son of veteran Denver police officer Kevin Kreuzer.
"It's not going to help him right now," said Kevin Kreuzer, who confirmed his occupation and that the suspect is his son.
"I'm very distraught over this, over my son being involved in something like this. I don't know what to believe anymore."
Kevin Kreuzer said that his son was arrested at their home Tuesday and he hasn't been able to talk to him since.
"I'm the father - I wish I did know, but no one has told me anything, I'm not being told anything," he said.
He said he didn't want to talk about his son until he learns more.
"I don't know what to say," he said. "I can't believe this is happening. I don't know what has happened yet, and I'm waiting to hear the whole story."
Douglas County Sheriff David Weaver said he believes that the two suspects also are responsible for a June 11 armed robbery at the Circle K Convenience Store in Castle Rock and other burglaries and car thefts starting in May.
Weaver and Castle Rock Police Chief Tony Lane will discuss the case at a news conference today at the Justice Center in Castle Rock.

Wire Service

1 - 1 of 1 Posts