Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My school is proposing a resolution demanding O'Toole and BPD "immediately suspend all use of "less-lethal" asault weapons similar to and including those used during the incidents on October 21 2004" They also go as far as to resolve investigation into the incident, suspension for all involved, etc. The things probably BS thats going to go by the wayside, but I still don't want it claimed as the opinion of my school's student body. I'm going to the meeting about it tommorow and I was wondering if anyone had any online literature or personal opinions specifically about the use of less-lethal weapons. Such as if they're frequently deadly, if they are the best option in situations similar to last week, etc. Thanks For all the Help.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Tell your tax exempt school to start paying their fair share of taxes first and then maybe the city will look at the proposal before they throw it in the wastebasket. As it is now, your rowdy fellow students who "celebrated" i.e. rioted are to blame for the shenanigans that went on, not the police.

Having been in high school in 1984 when the Celtics won the Championship, the worst that was done was the kids broke the tree limbs on City Hall Plaza trying to get a better view of the festivities. We did not take their winning of the Championship as an open invitation to burn cars, tip over cranes, smash windows and behave like the @ssholes that seem to be prevelant in todays youth.

This is not the 60's or 70's where the students dictate policy to the Police. If it were up to me, I would have put a "Cow Catcher" on the bumper of that new behemoth command vehicle that BPD has and swung it a couple times around the park to get the message across. Your ilk frighten me.

As for the weapons deployed that night being "less lethal", it's just what the name implies. It is less lethal but still can cause serious injury or bodily harm. Maybe if those idiots were not scaling a 40 foot wall, they would not have been hit dead center in the forehead with a pepperball. Ignorance is no excuse for the stupidity that evening.

I am not directing this diatribe at you specifically, but at those boobs at your school who think they know what is good for the rest of us plain folk. They can s#it in their hat as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tell your school to suspend its activities until it can admend admission policies to only accept responsible members of society and offer a mandatory freshman seminar on ethical behavior including consequences of actions. As your schools current infrastructure is failure as evidenced by the behavior of the student body.

Call me old fashioned but I believe strong (and sometimes excessive) government control is much better and safer than too much freedom as people do not respect it. The death of any person is a tragedy but when people believe they are mightier than the governing laws they will be humbled by sheer force and left in awe as to what true power actually is.

If it was up to the liberals at your school, police would be unarmed instructed to go reason with the alcohol and cocaine fueled mobs. Then when an officer removes glass bottles from the mob that are being thrown, your liberals would sue the police for not recycling the bottles.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
So does that mean that the police should use lethal specific rounds and guns to put down riots? If not less lethal, then it's going to be lethal...ever hear of Kent State? Look it up before you beg to get shot by bullets.

FYI an assault weapon is a fully automatic "battle rifle"that uses lethal rounds.
There is no such thing as a less lethal "assault weapon".

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
Good to see the liberals are live and well in Massachusetts. What a shame!! Although the insident was a tragedy they need to put the event into perspective, less than lethal saves lives.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well they were shooting them at me...... All I was doing was climbing the green monster !!!!! Im so tired of hearing all the bull *hit about this i agree with you guys and i hope that these weapons are still going to be used because they do save lifes and deter stupid people plain and simple !!!!

G

·
I'm a member of the boston media and have been present for both the DNC and the post Sox episodes and here's my two cents worth....

To all college students who did not like being shot at with Pepper Ball Guns....Shut Up, and follow simple directions! Get off the Green Monster, stop throwing bottles at police officers, stop smashing windows, stop burning cars and follow simple directions or has that ability escpaed you in your quest for higher education? You can only poke the bee hive so many times before you get stung.

The officers showed great restraint that night and during the DNC. You were warned and chose not to listen and unfortunatley we probably lost what was going to be a very productive member of society. It's to bad but just the wrong place at the wrong time and those officers will relive that moment over and over. There is no winning side on that incident.

But please, I'm exhausted of hearing the whining of some, not all students who feel that they were unfairly treated. Time to grow up and face the reality of today's world.

Thanks
Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.