Defendant slashes throat after verdict | MassCops

Defendant slashes throat after verdict

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Aug 9, 2008.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

SPRINGFIELD - Authorities say a Springfield man slashed his throat upon hearing in court that he had been convicted of sexually assaulting a child.
    Donald Gibson, 39, pulled a sharp object from his pocket and cut himself while a court clerk was reading the verdict Thursday. Prosecutor James Orenstein said courthouse officers knocked Gibson to the ground and disarmed him. His injuries are considered non-life-threatening. The object was a piece of a battery casing, about the size of a quarter. The 39-year-old Gibson was convicted on two counts of indecent assault and battery on an 11-year-old child.

http://bostonherald.com/news/region...08_09_Defendant_slashes_throat_after_verdict/

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Infidel

I heard there was a good seat for this guy on a bus in Canada...

3. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Hes trying to play some sort of mental health issues to be sent to somewhere cushy...

4. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

I was thinking the same. I doubt he thought he could actually do enough damage to kill himself with a small piece of battery casing. He conveniently did it in court as the verdict was read. He probably figured if he pulled a stunt they would think he was crazy and send him to a cushy facility. Off to Bridgewater...

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Instead of stopping him the court guys should have givin him something to do the job correctly.

6. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

I signed up to help the sick and injured, that's only if I'm physically able to do so. I would find it very difficult to help this shitbag with said hangnail.

7. yutyut1

yutyut1 MassCops Member

This is the same courthouse(superior) that prohibits officers testifying to be armed if they are in plain clothes.......The Judges have decided that officers must disarm before entering there court rooms.......THAT IS WRONG!!! and this instance just shows what can happen inside a courtroom. This could have been a firearm.

8. lawdog671

lawdog671 MassCops Member

Well take away the weapon then let him bleed out.....enough pressure on the neck with a properly placed knee could expedite the process IF he didn't do it well enough or IF you DON'T wanna see him suffer....:rolleyes:

Far as I am concerned.....pass the popcorn

9. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

What would have the court officer stopped him with? Handcuffs? They should at least have OC.

10. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

Amen, brother!