Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Dedham PD hires Permanent or Reserve Intermittent Officers? I know they have an Auxiliary but I was wondering about Intermittents in specific.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cj,

To answer you question Yes the do hire P/I Officers but you do not work any shifts details etc. In the past after you have singed you C/S card you get an interview and your name just put on and when there are opening(s) they take you according to how you are ranked and how many officers they are hiring. They just hired 5 officers all of which have finished the MBTA Academy and now going through FTO program

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understand the five new hires were taken from their reserve force. Seeing that I am high up on the open list I would think they may be hiring some new P/I or R/I people to fill the positions that were just vacated, but then again trying to find info on how some departments hire can be shall we say difficult.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cj,

To answer you question Yes the do hire P/I Officers but you do not work any shifts details etc. In the past after you have singed you C/S card you get an interview and your name just put on and when there are opening(s) they take you according to how you are ranked and how many officers they are hiring. They just hired 5 officers all of which have finished the MBTA Academy and now going through FTO program
This may be a dumb question but if they don't work at all what is the reason for having P/I's anyway?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dedham does the P/I so as to have a group ready to go to training, They appoint from
the civil service list

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does Dedham PD accept non-residents for its P/I and/or auxiliary positions? Are there also any age limitations? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.