Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dept doesn't issue body armor. Now have to $$ myself anyone know where I can get a decent piece of armor w/o having to spend a lot of $$?
I know galls but i can't say I'd trust their brand. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My suggestion is don't go cheap. I know you're footing the bill for it but you will be sorry if you go with a cheap model, they are very uncomfortable and very stiff. Save your coin for a more expensive model that will fit you correctly. Also go get fitted for the vest, don't fill out your measurements in a magazine order form and send it in hoping it will fit. You have to wear it 8 hours a day. :no:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just to add to what ^^^ said, how much is your life worth to you? Don't cut corners, buy the right NIJ level (don't know what others do, but I wouldn't want anything less that level II and you should probably be in NIJ III-A). The higher levels are more $$$, but worth it. You are also paying for comfort, as patsfan said. If you stop wearing the thing cause it's not comfortable, it can't save your life!

For further reference, check here:
http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=488&highlight=nij
some NIJ info, plus links to the specific NIJ sites, are in a post about halfway down.

-Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts