1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mexico Admits To Second Mayan 2012 End-of-World Reference

Published November 25, 2011
Fox News Latino

• Over 15,000 people congregate in front of the famous pyramid at Chichen-Itza, Mexico to celebrate the arrival of the Equinox signaling the beginning of Spring, Sunday, March 20, 2011. The famous Mayan ruin is popular at the Equinox when the serpent's back shows on the side of the stairway that leads to the top. (AP Photo/Standard Times , Peter Pereira) (AP2011)
While downplaying Mayan theories that 2012 will be the end of the world as we know it, Mexico's archeology institute admitted Thursday that it found another reference to the alleged 2012 apocalypse on a carved fragment found at a ruin site in southern Mexico.
Most experts had cited only one surviving reference to the date in Mayan glyphs, a stone tablet from the Tortuguero site in the Gulf coast state of Tabasco.
But the National Institute of Anthropology and History said in a statement that there is in fact another apparent reference to the date at the nearby Comalcalco ruin. The inscription is on the carved or molded face of a brick. Comalcalco is unusual among Mayan temples in that it was constructed of bricks.

Read more: Mexico Admits To Second Mayan 2012 End-of-World Reference | Fox News Latino

G

·
The whole idea that the Mayans predicted the end of the world is just silly. It's more likely that they had just as many nuts predicting end times as we have today. Maybe they're predicting just the end of Mexico...

View attachment 3357

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
It all has to do with Obama being re elected. He gets re-elected it is the end of the world as we know it. If not then there is a chance.

·
Always Watching
8,261 Posts
Here's a little factoid for you naysayers to consider, 12-21-12 is my birFday and i'm fairly certain that if it's going to hit the fan, it will be on that day but if it keeps me from turning 24, i'm good with it!

The Tortuguero inscription describes something that is supposed to occur in 2012 involving a mysterious Mayan god associated with both war and creation.
Yo!:smoke:

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Fuck Mexico.
We DID, in the 1840s. Now they're getting even with us, by slowly taking everything BACK!

That and the bastards are ending the world.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am an expert on ancient languages. What was inscribed read that the coca plant will cease to reproduce in 2012, and will be replaced with an equal value of legitimate employment.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
You know, the damn Cuban Missle crisis could have taken care of this issue before a number of you on this board were even born and we wouldn't all be concerned now. All this stopping and starting is giving me an apocolyptic headache.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I am a Christian. The bible clearly states that no man knows when the end will come. If the mayans were so smart, why are they no longer an "empire"? Everytime I go to their country (Mexico) I get the shits, they can't even figure out how to give their citizens clean water down there.......

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
We were on vacation last year with some friends down there last year. One of the locals was putting a new roof on his house and my friend turned to me and said "if they are so sure the world is ending, why his he making home improvements?"

On a serious note, in every gift shop they were selling 2012 memorabilia and profiting off of the hype. I found it a little distasteful.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,115 Posts
On a serious note, in every gift shop they were selling 2012 memorabilia and profiting off of the hype.
For some reason all I can picture is a Mel Brooks character shouting "T-shirts, end of the world t-shirts, get your t-shirts here."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts