Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Associated Press - August 8, 2008 8:34 AM ET

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - New Haven police say a 5-month-old boy who died Monday while in the care of his teenage father and an uncle was beaten to death.
An autopsy showed that Morries Hall died of multiple blunt force traumatic injuries, and his death was ruled a homicide on Thursday.
Police Lt. John Velleca says the boy was reported unresponsive Monday morning at his father's home on Eastern Street, and was rushed to Yale-New Haven Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the baby's mother had primary custody, but the father, 18-year-old Morries Hill Sr., had visitation on the weekends.
Police say they are preparing to make an arrest.

Information from: New Haven Register, http://www.ctcentral.com

G

·
An 18 year-old "father"? I could barely manage my own life when I was 18, never mind a helpless baby.

Is it any wonder this story had a tragic ending???

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts
By 18 years old you should know how to handle a baby, there is absolutely no excuse for "multiple blunt force traumatic injuries".

A "tragic" story would be if the baby grew up with no morals or became a sore on society; then I would say to look at the immaturity of the parents. In this case it is murder, plain and simple. 18 years old or 80 years old; you cause any blunt force injuries on a baby and you deserve to rot in hell.

G

·
By 18 years old you should know how to handle a baby, there is absolutely no excuse for "multiple blunt force traumatic injuries".
I agree there is no excuse, but I had no idea how to handle a baby when I was 18, because 18 year-old males have no business being babysitters and even less business being fathers.

Teens having babies is almost always a recipe for disaster, either sudden or long term.

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts
Agreed. Teens having babies usually end up forcing the teen to "grow up" themselves and many times the kid gets dropped off with the parents [of the teen]. By no means an ideal situation, however I dont believe inflicting blunt force trama on an infant has anything to do with age; moreso to do with being a fucking asshole.

If you are such a pussy that you are going to KILL an infant then you are quite simply a piece of garbage -- regardless of your age/maturity level. When you were 18 you sure as hell knew not to shake/hit/drop an infant and to handle him/her with extreme care, correct?

G

·
When you were 18 you sure as hell knew not to shake/hit/drop an infant and to handle him/her with extreme care, correct?
Absolutely; if someone handed me a baby back then, I would have treated it like a live hand grenade.

My comments were more on the state of society in general than this specific situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts