Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking in picking up a part-time job with either Dean College DPS, or Milford Hospital Security. I want to know what some of you know about them, and how the pay is before I apply. I have been out of the Military for about a year, and have Vet status. I worked security before, and refuse to do door man security. I have MP training through the Army for deployment but other than that no police training. So thats why I am looking at those places, and they are close to me. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I work at Milford Hospital part time.....PM me if you want more information about the job.

If Dean College has a PD, and you are referring to Dean College campus police, I would go with that over the hospital....

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Dean College PD I think is or was a PD that went in house a few years ago and lost their guns somehow? Or was that Fisher College? Search around their is a ton of info on the board.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah dean has police and they were never armed they carry oc and baton. They are sworn franklin specials for powers. I heard the pay is low. But not a bad dept to work for.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you want to work at Dean you will be employed by securitas as a guard, or if the chief is in a good mood, a part time dean one. We currently have a full boat.

Due to this being a public forum, I cannot discuss the particulars about my employer.

I will just leave it at this, the college is small, it sits right in the middle of "downtown" Franklin. Roughly 1600 students attend each year about 1,100 or so live on campus with 11 on campus dorms. The college is 1 square mile with one off site dorm and a football field a mile away. Other then that you drive around in circles. Pay is very low compared to area colleges. Staff consists of about 8 officers 2 sergeants 2 corporals, 1 dispatcher a Capt and Chief. Of those 8 officers 4 are securitas employees.

We take our medicals to Milford hospital. I cant say much about their security department other then I never see them.

If you want more info PM me.

Also, Fisher lost their firearms.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Fisher seems to be in a constant state of change. Security to Police to security to police. Armed, not armed, armed etc.

Last year I met the chief, former Boston Detective. We chatted for about 15-20 minutes and he told me how he had just taken over and was hoping to make some positive changes. I have no idea what changes he's made or if he's even still there from a year ago, but it looked like things were finally going to take an even keel there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I heard they lost there gun at fisher because boston police were chasing a party and fisher got involved with the chase off campus and fisher drew there guns. thats what i heard and boston after that spoke up to the highers in the college and good- bye guns. They carried glocks there too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts