Deal brings soldier home | Page 2 | MassCops

Deal brings soldier home

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Hopefully they placed tracking devices in the 5 savages swapped, you know a/la Gigi Portella.

Hush likes this.
  2. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

The Marine thats been sitting in a Mexican shithole prison should issue an anti American hate filled statement,Barry will have him out by days end.

pahapoika, zm88, militia_man and 2 others like this.
  3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

No he is not one of SHITBAMA'S muslim brothers.

Joel98 likes this.
  4. MaDuce

MaDuce MassCops Member

mpd61, Johnny Law, Goose and 2 others like this.
  5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Forwarded by a friend in the 82nd:

Write up from a team mate.

"We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him.

PFC Matthew Michael Martinek,
    SSG Kurt Robert Curtiss,
    SSG Clayton Bowen,
    PFC Morris Walker,
    SSG Michael Murphrey,
    2LT Darryn Andrews,

All KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl.
    Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."

Joel98, militia_man and 7costanza like this.
  6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Just another impeachable offense,nothing to see here move along.

FLASHBACK--Jay Carney 2013: No Transfer of Detainees Without Consulting Congress
    On June 21, 2013, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney unequivocally assured reporters at that day's White House Press Briefing that President Obama “would not make any decisions about transfer of any detainees without consulting Congress and without doing so in accordance with U.S. law."

Appearing on Sunday's edition of NBC's Meet the Press, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel claimed that President Obama's weekend decision to do precisely what his official spokesman promised the country he would never do was based upon the need for secrecy and that informing Congress of the highly contentious prisoner exchange would risk scuttling it.
    Saturday's release of five of the most dangerous terrorist masterminds detained at the U.S. Military Prison on the US Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba – two of whom are accused by the UN of orchestrating the systemic murders of tens of thousands of Shiite Muslims in Afghanistan when they served as senior officials in the former Taliban regime – was an urgent matter of life and death for Bowe Bergdahl, the army private who is thought to have deserted his post in 2009.
    Hagel claimed the White House couldn't inform anyone in Congress because, "We couldn't afford any leaks anywhere."
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...etainee-Transfers-Without-Consulting-Congress

Joel98 and LGriffin like this.
  7. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Normally I would agree with the distraction angle but this is such a massive fuck up that it has to be something else.

NO ONE is siding with the President on this. This whole story stinks so badly right now that to hear someone admit that it was all done as a distraction would at least give it some type of weird twisted credibility or reason. Right now it's just a shit show.

Joel98 likes this.
  8. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Good

Joel98 likes this.
  9. kwflatbed

[​IMG]
    PRESIDENT OBAMA, in his first public comments on controversial trade of five Taliban prisoners for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl since the deal was announced, acknowledges there's 'absolutely' a risk that the former Guantanamo inmates — whom GOP lawmakers say are 'hell-bent' on killing Americans — will try to return to the battlefield.

Joel98 likes this.
  10. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

All things aside this kid needs to explain his actions to at least 6 families.

LGriffin, GARDA, HistoryHound and 2 others like this.
  11. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The Obama apologists are already on social media blaming George Bush and pointing out that he released Guantanamo prisoners as well.

Joel98 likes this.
  12. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Well that didn't take them long.

Joel98 likes this.
  13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

I've always wondered why the leftists defense of their great leader is not to justify his actions, but to point out the actions of others. Kind of like if a kid messes up and he says "Johnny does the same thing." But you patiently have to explain that the issue isn't Johnny's behavior but their behavior.

Joel98, Goose and HistoryHound like this.
  14. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Next, he's bringing home the Marine locked up in Mexico. We're only going to give back the heads of the Sinaloa Cartel.

Goose and Joel98 like this.
  15. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

16. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

At least we would be getting someone honorable back in exchange. The same can't be said for Benedict Bergdahl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7costanza and GARDA like this.
  17. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Taliban video shows release

18. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

He kept himself busy during those 5 years! Badminton? How interesting ....

19. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It's too bad that he didn't teach them how to play with lawn darts.

FTH likes this.
  20. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

After seeing them in scandalous videos involving goats, I wonder how many times they played hide the sausage.

21. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

He's not the only one.

[​IMG]
    The news cycle is currently focused on the swap to release Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl — five Taliban commanders for the Idaho native — but many Americans still remain held abroad by nefarious regimes or terrorists.
    One of those, a Marine veteran who served with distinction in Iraq, specifically said last fall that, even though his unlawful imprisonment in Iran was taking a horrible toll, he would not want his release to come from any sort of swap with Iran.From our Yellow Ribbon Project story on Flagstaff, Ariz., native Sgt. Amir Hekmati:
    Amir took his case directly to Kerry in a letter smuggled out of prison and obtained by the Guardian in September. After thanking Kerry for lobbying on his behalf, Amir stressed that the confessions on false charges were “obtained by force, threats, miserable prison conditions, and prolonged periods of solitary confinement.”
    “This is part of a propaganda and hostage taking effort by Iranian intelligence to secure the release of Iranians abroad being held on security-related charges. Iranian intelligence has suggested through my court-appointed lawyer Mr. Hussein Yazdi Samadi that I be released in exchange for 2 Iranians being held abroad,” Amir wrote in the letter confirmed authentic by his family. “I had nothing to do with their arrest, committed no crime, and see no reason why the U.S. Government should entertain such a ridiculous proposition. I do not wish to set a precedent for others that may be unlawfully (obtained) for political gain in the future.”
    “While my family and I have suffered greatly I will accept nothing but my unconditional release,” he continued. “The very same suffering that the 3 American hikers have recently suffered and many others by these unlawful tactics. My hope is that those individuals within the Iranian government who respect rule of law and international ethics will intervene in my case. As someone of Iranian heritage, I hope that the Iranian people will also support me and call on their government to respect my legal rights.”​
    Hekmati has been held by Iran for 1,007 days, initially sentenced to death on a trumped-up charge of “conspiracy to commit espionage” and now serving a 10-year sentence after a quickie closed-door trial for “collaboration” with the U.S. government. Though some on Capitol Hill have championed his case, the family needs the traction of public outrage to put adequate pressure on the powers that be.
    http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/06/0...-set-bad-precedent-by-trading-for-my-release/

22. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Joel98 and militia_man like this.
  23. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Well done, Congressman Miller:

24. kwflatbed

The Bullshit Cover Up Has Started !!!

Bergdahl held in solitary confinement for two years, military officials say

• [​IMG]
    • AP

• BREAKING NEWS: AMERICAN SGT. BOWE BERGDAHL, while held prisoner in Afghanistan, was locked in solitary confinement for two straight years and did not see another human face for that entire time, senior military officials with knowledge of his 'reintegration process' told Fox News.

25. kwflatbed