Deal brings soldier home | MassCops

Deal brings soldier home

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 1, 2014.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Photo by:

AP
    NEVER FORGOTTEN: President Obama, center, hugs Jani Bergdahl, as Bob Bergdahl, stands at right, during a White House press conference in the Rose Garden yesterday. Their son, Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was released yesterday after being held by the Taliban since 2009.
    The Taliban yesterday released an American soldier held captive in Afghanistan in a controversial trade for five of its own, drawing the ire of Republican lawmakers who say by negotiating with terrorists, the Obama administration has set a dangerous precedent that could lead to future kidnappings.
    “Our terrorist adversaries now have a strong incentive to capture Americans. That incentive will put our forces in Afghanistan and around the world at even greater risk,” said U.S. Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon of California and U.S. Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma in a statement regarding Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s bargained-for release.
    Bergdahl, who had been held since 2009 and was the only U.S. soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan, was delivered to U.S. special operations forces by the Taliban yesterday. The 28-year-old soldier was in good condition, according to officials. Meanwhile, five Taliban prisoners who were among the most senior Afghans still held at the U.S. facility at Guantanamo Bay, were released to the government of Qatar — a mediator in the negotiations.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/national/2014/05/deal_brings_soldier_home

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

7costanza and Johnny Law like this.
  3. MaDuce

MaDuce MassCops Member

Now he can face court martial for abandoning his post and getting PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews among others killed in the resulting search.

zm88, militia_man, 7costanza and 7 others like this.
  4. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

Why is it that EVERYTHING Obama does, must be done in a questionable, illegal, or sleazy manner? Not notifying congress of a prisoner swap? Are you shittin' me? Bathhouse Barry strikes again.

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

The more I'm reading about this, the more it's becoming evident this wasn't a good deal at all. This guy's father has posted about a billion anti-American pro Islamic articles/tweets, praised allah during the press conference... And the questions remain how Bowe mysteriously disappeared. Speculation of him being a Taliban sympathizer have been brought up too.

This, at face value, seemed to be the right thing to do. However once we peel back the layers... It seems not so anymore. Anyone else read up on this guy?

GARDA, militia_man, 7costanza and 3 others like this.
  6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

I've read up on him and this is all I needed to see from this treasonous POS:
    I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools.

Given the fact that he shares the same sentiment as Moochelle, i'm not surprised that barry circumvented the process once again and worked unilaterally to free him and five of his cohorts.

He should be tried and forced to live out the rest of his days in Leavenworth as a daily reminder that his cowardly desertion caused good Americans to die or become wounded as he sang like a bitch to the enemy.

brk120, zm88, GARDA and 4 others like this.
  7. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

[​IMG]
    Five years ago, I was getting emails from folks who knew what happened in the Bergdahl incident. Folks from around the US in positions that would have first hand knowledge as well as people who were in Afghanistan. I made the decision that I wouldn’t say a disparaging word about what folks were telling me. Unlike Bergdahl, apparently, I knew that once the Taliban or Haqqani thought that he had no value to them, he would be a headless body in a shallow grave, irrespective of the actions that led to his capture. So, for five years, I kept my mouth shut. Now some of the people who served with Bergdahl are coming out with their stories. Like Nathan Bradley Bethea in the pages of the Daily Beast;
    Our battalion suffered six fatalities in a three-week period. On August 18, an IED killed Private First Class Morris Walker and Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. On August 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors, Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face and killed. On September 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and gravely wounded Private First Class Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds a week later. On September 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors, Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on an improvised land mine. He died the next day.
    It is important to name all these names. For the veterans of the units that lost these men, Bergdahl’s capture and the subsequent hunt for him will forever tie to their memories, and to a time in their lives that will define them as people. He has finally returned. Those men will never have the opportunity.​
    Now we read that the Taliban and Haqqani are doing their happy dance. From AFP;
    Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammad Omar Sunday hailed the release of five senior insurgents in exchange for US soldier Bowe Bergdahl as a “big victory”.
    “I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the entire Afghan Muslim nation, all the mujahideen and to the families and relatives of the prisoners for this big victory regarding the release of five Taliban leaders from Guantanamo prison,” he said in a rare statement.​
    I can only hope that the folks who do that stuff put GPS trackers up each of their asses and as soon as they’re released, the GPS trackers are replaced by Hellfire missiles.
    http://thisainthell.us/blog/?name=49564

8. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Everything is very-very strange about it. On FB Army Times page (https://www.facebook.com/armytimes) there are a lot of comments by the people that state they were on the ground at the time the soldier was captured. Many are very angry stating that he went out to seek Taliban and many men lost their lives searching for him :(
    Read comment by Todd R Groesbeck ... it's heart wrenching!

The father "learned Pushtu and immersed himself in the culture in efforts to speak directly with his son's captors via videos released online and in media interviews". He also said he is proud of his son for helping Afghan people - whatever that means ...

zm88, 7costanza and Joel98 like this.
  9. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

This guy is a fucking traitor who abandoned his post. If you read emails between him and his dad before his "capture". He says he is disgusted to be a US soldier and disgusted to be in the Army. The last email from his dad reads "follow your conscience".

And the White House released 5 hardcore terrorists to bring this asshole home??? Are you fucking kidding me??

When are the articles of impeachment getting started?!

militia_man, 7costanza and LGriffin like this.
  10. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

When I first read about his release, I like most Americans was thrilled! However now that I've learned more about his disappearance (NOT from the media mind you) and the questions being raised from it, I am very dismayed by what I hear.

With that said, I'd like to think that the powers that be will set things and straight and if what he did is true, they'll take care of it accordingly... with that said, there's nothing like a soldier returning home for good ol' Murica.

and yes, I am fully ready to eat my words at any point

11. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

This isn't a soldier returning home to America. This is traitor to our country who was ashamed to be a US soldier and ashamed of what the US Army was doing in Afghanistan, and actually sympathized with the Taliban.

militia_man and 7costanza like this.
  12. visible25

I understand your point, and maybe I didn't get mine through the way I intended. When I said returning home, I meant it a bit sarcastically as the media will over play this

13. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

7costanza, Joel98, FTH and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

This was done PURELY to distract from the VA scandal. And it is a win for the talibananas, NOT America.

7costanza, Joel98, FTH and 2 others like this.
  15. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Really! Come on, King Barry has turned this country around and saved us all from agonizing over health-care decisions, exercising constitutional rights, and worrying about taking personal responsibility.....Shit Harley! Don't be a hater!

16. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

So we traded 5 taliban operative for... a taliban operative. Great

brk120, zm88, GARDA and 8 others like this.
  17. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Soooo....I guess America's policy of not negotiating with Terrorists is right out the window? What shall negotiate next? We'll convert to Sharia law if you stop bombing us?

18. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Well now I'm not feeling like such an asshole for thinking: a) are they really sure he was captured and not a "captured" (read willingly went) and b) how long until we read about a mass casualty event tied to this guy?

7costanza and FTH like this.
  19. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

He was programmed ala "The Manchurian Candidate". We haven't heard this guys name for the last time.

20. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry... Carrie Mathison is on the debrief.

21. william

william MassCops Member

This seems very similar to the plot of Homeland

zm88, FTH, 7costanza and 1 other person like this.
  22. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

zm88, Johnny Law, militia_man and 2 others like this.
  23. visible25

24. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wow... This guy is getting all the backlash he deserves. Fuck him and his traitor son.

Herrdoktor, zm88 and 7costanza like this.
  25. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Gee, if only there were a group of people that had warned everyone about Dear Leaders plans. Its not like he stated anywhere he would side with Muslims.......well unless you count his book penned by domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.....but besides that.....well .. him stating over and over again how he wanted to fundamentally transform America. This artcle is from 08, all the info about this Rodeo Clown was available if the sheeple werent brain dead. If only.....

B. HUSSEIN OBAMA: 'I will stand with the Muslims. .

Note what B. Hussein Obama says in his own words. They are from his books entitled “Dreams of My Father” and “Audacity of Hope.
    In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.
    B. Hussein was writing about the injustices suffered by some in America. In that context he wrote that sentence.
    Will injustices in America ever go away completely? No. We live in an imperfect world. Therefore, will the situation ever arise by which Muslims in the United States will cry out for B. Hussein to lean in their favor. Of course. And will he?
    Well, he’s already said he will “stand with the Muslims.” Need we go any further?
    More from “Dreams of My Father,” B. Hussein writes: “I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.
    And further in that same book: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.
    There is more: “There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.
    Has the Jeremiah Wright twenty year tutoring of anti-white, pro-blackism wedded to B. Hussein’s perspective regarding blacks and whites? No doubt.
    B. Hussein writes in “Dreams of My Father” that “it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.
    This is particularly telling and frightening: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.
    Did you get that? Malcolm X, racist who despises white people, is his hero.
    Concerning his father, note: “He comes from a father who was a Muslim,” said civil rights author Juan Williams of National Public Radio. “I mean, I think that given we’re at war with Muslim extremists, that presents a problem.
    In addition, Obama’s stepfather was a practicing Muslim.
    Now we have him carrying with him a Hindu charm. Because of this, Hindus have congregated worldwide to celebrate B. Hussein’s election as US President.
    For instance, in India there is the All-India Congress Committee member Brij Mohan Bhama having organized an 11-day religious ceremony at Karol Bagh for B. Hussein’s success in the presidential elections. All this is because Hindus learned that B. Hussein carries a miniature Hanuman idol in his pocket.
    A larger configuration of the charm is formed as an impressive idol to be mailed to B. Hussein.
    “We will ensure that Mr. Obama receives the idol by August 24, a day before the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado,” said Mr. Bhama.
    No wonder B. Hussein truly despises biblical Christians usually referred to as “evangelicals.” His situation ethics relativistic liberal religion is antithetical to biblical Christianity.
    If in the Oval Office, he will see to it that biblical Christianity is erased completely. There will not be one sign of the Judeo-Christian heritage left once B. Hussein is in the White House.

Joel98 likes this.