Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
It is unfortunate that you have had such a bad experience with management that you are inclined to assume the worst.
It is also unfortunate that as a Chief you are talking out of your ass. I happen to be management.

Now what?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
It is also unfortunate that as a Chief you are talking out of your ass. I happen to be management.

Now what?
How about some "anger" management!!!!!!!!
:L:](*,)

·
Registered
137 Posts
How about some "anger" management!!!!!!!!
:L:](*,)
:dito:

Now, now boys...we're all on the same team. Except, of course, when we're talking about union issues. This could be the first time I've seen "management" types fighting over something so silly....oh no, wait....did I say first? I meant, seven hundred and ninety..first. :rolleyes:

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts

Now what?
You win, I'm an ass talker...

:dito:

Now, now boys...we're all on the same team. Except, of course, when we're talking about union issues. This could be the first time I've seen "management" types fighting over something so silly....oh no, wait....did I say first? I meant, seven hundred and ninety..first. :rolleyes:
I don't know how it went from posting opinions to insults, but someone has issues...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know how it went from posting opinions to insults, but someone has issues...
Come on Chief, that wan't an insult...it was more of an observation. I've been a "union guy" for 15 years, but honestly I've always gotten along with management very well. I just think if both sides spent more time working towards making things better, they would be. It may not be true in your case, but I've seen it too many times; management makes a mountain out of a mole hill, and morale goes down the tubes! How many times have you heard this saying, "this could be the best job going, except...".

We got off on the wrong foot, let me buy you a drink. :pint:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
Goldie!
I believe Chief is refering to 94cnotyou. I could be wrong though;)

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
Come on Chief, that wan't an insult...it was more of an observation. I've been a "union guy" for 15 years, but honestly I've always gotten along with management very well. I just think if both sides spent more time working towards making things better, they would be. It may not be true in your case, but I've seen it too many times; management makes a mountain out of a mole hill, and morale goes down the tubes! How many times have you heard this saying, "this could be the best job going, except...".

We got off on the wrong foot, let me buy you a drink. :pint:
Sorry if I was unclear...I wasn't referring to your post. I didn't find it offensive at all. I was referring to others who decided to take it down that road, but I'll still take that drink!:-D

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
To get back to the topic, I think dash cams are great and should be in every cruiser: had mine been so equipped, I would have avoided a trial in federal court. I've always enjoyed testifying in court, but when one is the defendant it's not very enjoyable.

Although if cameras were omnipresent in our cruisers, would our unions have to affiliate with SAG (and what would the additional dues cost)? :D

Just think...an Academy Award for "Best Baton Deployment"...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry if I was unclear...I wasn't referring to your post. I didn't find it offensive at all. I was referring to others who decided to take it down that road, but I'll still take that drink!:-D
Did I say let me buy you a drink?.....I think I meant, why don't you buy me a drink! :p

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Guys and Gals,

fight all you want you wont live past 59 anyway. You'll all die of stress related illnesses. In Massachusetts its 54 so keep fighting. The undertaker is making millions on us.:wm:

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but have you guys seen the video that came out probably about a year ago where in the first dash cam it appears that the cop shot an unarmed suspect in the back? Its not until the second camera angle picks up the suspect removing an object from his waistband and pointing it at the pursuing officer while fleeing through the parking lot. What would have happened if only the first cruiser had the dash cam? It might be a 1 in 1000000 situation but without that second camera the cop would be doing hard time right now. I'm in a rush right now so I don't have time to post the link but if I find it later I will post it here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok, so back to the topic (if that is ok).

Our camera's are currently an option for officers, but are soon going to be mandatory. I am looking to find a model policy in regards to Dash Cams and Disciplinary Action.

Our current policy is pretty straight-forward, but there are some concerns in regards to how they could be used when it is no longer an option.

If anyone can help me with this please send me a PM....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts